The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Bammmm!

Forums General Melanoma Community Bammmm!

Participant
      Restarted interferon last night after having a week and couple days off. Took injection at eight, woke up at midnight with uncontrollable chills and shaking. My legs are killing me this morning and i feel like i have been run over……BUT…..i am going to remain possitive like everyone tells me and i am going to work my 6a to 6p shift today in hopes that i can make a difference in the lives of one of my patients:)

Restarted interferon last night after having a week and couple days off. Took injection at eight, woke up at midnight with uncontrollable chills and shaking. My legs are killing me this morning and i feel like i have been run over……BUT…..i am going to remain possitive like everyone tells me and i am going to work my 6a to 6p shift today in hopes that i can make a difference in the lives of one of my patients:)

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        akls
        Participant

Sorry you are having such a rough time with interferon.  It is a difficult treatment to say the least.  I can't imagine having to work a 12 hour shift while on it.  I'm a teacher and working those hours was bad enough.  Take care of yourself as well as your patients.  Good Luck.

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
          Participant

Sorry you are having such a rough time with interferon.  It is a difficult treatment to say the least.  I can't imagine having to work a 12 hour shift while on it.  I'm a teacher and working those hours was bad enough.  Take care of yourself as well as your patients.  Good Luck.

Amy S. in Michigan

TracyLee
            Participant

Oh, yuck. What a way to have to go to work.

I've worked throughout my treatments, too. While not fun, I actually prefer being at work, with other things to focus on, than staying home and wallowing in how awful I feel.

I have had to learn when to leave early, or when I'm just pushing too much. My reserves just aren't what they used to be, and it still throws me off mentally to have to admit that I feel bad enough to go home and lie down.

Please don't run yourself ragged working. It just slows down your healing. I've learned that the hard way!

TracyLee

TracyLee
              Participant

Oh, yuck. What a way to have to go to work.

I've worked throughout my treatments, too. While not fun, I actually prefer being at work, with other things to focus on, than staying home and wallowing in how awful I feel.

I have had to learn when to leave early, or when I'm just pushing too much. My reserves just aren't what they used to be, and it still throws me off mentally to have to admit that I feel bad enough to go home and lie down.

Please don't run yourself ragged working. It just slows down your healing. I've learned that the hard way!

TracyLee

Lauri England
                Participant

I have been on Interferon treatments since October 1, 2010.  I have had a lot of problems but all was duable.  I stopped the shots for a week due to anger issues and depression.  I was feeling so bad I needed a break.  I started them back up last week Monday and I cut my dose down a little bit.  I now feel so much better.  WOW.  I dont think I realized how sick I was until I felt better.  I am plugging away for the last 5 weeks or so.

rjcravens
                    Participant

Way to go…you're almost done. I wish I was. Are you taking any meds to help with the depression? My doc started me on Cymbalta. I don't feel depressed but very emotional. I hope it helps keep me from getting depressed. It seems to be a very common side effect. Thanks for posting.

Rachel

rjcravens
                      Participant

Way to go…you're almost done. I wish I was. Are you taking any meds to help with the depression? My doc started me on Cymbalta. I don't feel depressed but very emotional. I hope it helps keep me from getting depressed. It seems to be a very common side effect. Thanks for posting.

Rachel

rjcravens
                        Participant

Rachel

rjcravens
                          Participant

Rachel

Lauri England
                          Participant

I have been on Interferon treatments since October 1, 2010.  I have had a lot of problems but all was duable.  I stopped the shots for a week due to anger issues and depression.  I was feeling so bad I needed a break.  I started them back up last week Monday and I cut my dose down a little bit.  I now feel so much better.  WOW.  I dont think I realized how sick I was until I felt better.  I am plugging away for the last 5 weeks or so.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics