The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Back again! Now at Stage 3a. Help, hope and advice needed please

Forums General Melanoma Community Back again! Now at Stage 3a. Help, hope and advice needed please

Participant

Hi all,

Last time I was here I was stage 2a wtg the wle and snb.

I had the op last Friday and found out yesterday that unfortunately 1/6 (2 main and 4 little ones) lymph node had a 2mm melanoma deposit.

Today I have had a full body CT, with the hope of a clear CT result on Christmas Eve.

I LOVE my consultant and he spent a lot of time last night explaining different options which I have.

I chose to not have the full dissection but instead to have an ultrasound on the area every 3 months. This will obviously run along side the CT scans and 3 monthly checks.

He recommends I do adjuvant therapy for a year regardless of the CT result. The type of therapy is yet to be decided and will be determined by whether the melanoma is genetic or not.  This is what I think anyway – yesterday was a crazy day!!

What do you think? Are there any questions I should be asking?

I was (and still am really) terrified of the diagnosis, but after reading Jenniunicorn (apologies if I have written this incorrectly) profile and latest post I have something amazing – true hope.

All I want for Christmas is more Christmas’ with my children (currently just turned 5 and 2) and of course my husband, family and fab friends.

Any help or advice you can give i’d Gratefully receive.

Hopefully I’ll be back on Christmas Eve with good news.

Until next time, thank you for reading and your support.

Giving hope at any time is special, but this time of year it’s magical.

Happy Christmas! May 2019 be a healthy one for us all!

X

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
    Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics