The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Atypical Lymph Node….3 month check

Forums General Melanoma Community Atypical Lymph Node….3 month check

Participant
      Looking for some insight. Yesterday was another 3 month check for me. I am 7 months post-op from my inital surgery and I am currently now on Opdivo treatment #7. Stage III C

During my ultra sound yesterday they found an abnormal atypical lymph node in my groin area (which is right around) my main surgical site. Of course, I am panicing some. They just want to watch and wait for another 3 months until I go back. They don’t want to take any cells as of right now, becasue I am already on my treatment plan….

Anyone else have this……

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        aquamak
        Participant

Hey jjk17.  i'm also stage 3C and have just passed the 5 year NED mark!  PET scan showed a mildy prominent submandibular lymph node on the right side of my neck but since I have no lymph nodes left on the left side of my neck, my doc at MSKCC is not to concerned as I have been fighting allergies and sinus infections all spring.  Since no other activity seen anywhere else she hugged me and gave me my 5 year award and said re-scan in 3 months to get a "clean" report.  Lymph nodes react as they should to all types of infections and viruses.  If they were concerned they would have sent you for a biopsy and not wait 3 months.

jjk17
            Participant
              Congrats on the good news!

Well, I am still trying to stay positive. Very hard at times. My docs act as if they just want to watch and wait. Thats what they wanted to do in the beginging after my biospy came back positive that it had spread to my lymph nodes. Just makes me very apprehensive. And that is why we went for a second opinion.

I will keep my head up and just pray that it is inflammation!

Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics