The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Attn: kwalbin..or..whoever is doing the web work…

Forums General Melanoma Community Attn: kwalbin..or..whoever is doing the web work…

Participant

Hi, I'm hoping whoever does the tech work for MRF is reading the board now and then and will see this.

I can't help but notice that, once again, there are duplicate posts on the main board. This makes it even tougher to follow the threads. I'm not sure why this has lately become an issue. Maybe the poster is accidentally hitting the 'post' button more than once. But if that's the case, the poster himself should have the option of removing the second post (imo)

Hi, I'm hoping whoever does the tech work for MRF is reading the board now and then and will see this.

I can't help but notice that, once again, there are duplicate posts on the main board. This makes it even tougher to follow the threads. I'm not sure why this has lately become an issue. Maybe the poster is accidentally hitting the 'post' button more than once. But if that's the case, the poster himself should have the option of removing the second post (imo)

Also.. I wonder if it is possible to fix the CHAT room so that the last few lines of text disappear when all the occupants do? Having  I can't tell you how often I go in there and see my 'goodnights' with some other member on the 'wall' from the night before. That's not really a problem, except that very often, there is a single line from someone else who has come in, seen words on the wall and assumed there was someone in there! Having that leftover text gives the impression that there are people in the room when there is no one there.  So my little 'tata, sleep tight" is followed by someone who has typed something like: Please help! I am trying to learn more about the Ipi trial, or worse, someone who's typed a whole paragraph about their sick wife or something..then waiting for someone to respond when there is no one in there.

And..it would also be lovely if people were able to occupy two rooms in that chat room. Having the off topic room is really only useful if you can go there to tell jokes and stay in the main room to answer questions.

Thanks.

dian

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        rtsmichele
        Participant

Another request . . .  It would be really nice to be able to see who is in chat without having to sign in.

Michele  ๐Ÿ™‚

kwahlbin

Hi Michele –

You can see who is in the chat room by looking at the left-hand side in the section of Who's Chatting.  This will tell you the username of the people who are in the chat room.

Kathy

kwahlbin

Hi Michele –

You can see who is in the chat room by looking at the left-hand side in the section of Who's Chatting.  This will tell you the username of the people who are in the chat room.

Kathy

rtsmichele
              Participant

Another request . . .  It would be really nice to be able to see who is in chat without having to sign in.

Michele  ๐Ÿ™‚

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

The two room's and the ability to be in both but only type in one at a time is extremely necessary.  I have posted about this many times in the past.    This was a feature  of the MPIP chat that was brought forward and then dropped because the MRF contractor could not ubderstand how we us it.  Our many complaints and requests have been ignored on this subject since the MRF chat replaced the MPIP CHAT.

JerryfromFauq

kwahlbin

Hi Jerry – I understand your frustration.  I just want you to know that this is still on my list and I am looking into other options.  I just have not found anything that is better.

Kathy

kwahlbin

Hi Jerry – I understand your frustration.  I just want you to know that this is still on my list and I am looking into other options.  I just have not found anything that is better.

Kathy

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

The two room's and the ability to be in both but only type in one at a time is extremely necessary.  I have posted about this many times in the past.    This was a feature  of the MPIP chat that was brought forward and then dropped because the MRF contractor could not ubderstand how we us it.  Our many complaints and requests have been ignored on this subject since the MRF chat replaced the MPIP CHAT.

JerryfromFauq

kwahlbin

Hi Diane –

I don't see the duplicated posts.  Can you tell me what the subject line is?  I will go in and remove them.  I have been watching and fixing any issues I see but I guess I miss those.  I am sorry.

I have been looking into other options for the chat room.  I will see if we can get this fixed, I agree with you that it woudl be better that way.  Jerry has mentioned in the past about the two chat rooms and unfortunately it is not possible with the current option we are using.  I have that on my list of things to look at when I am evaluating other options. 

Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you see any other duplicated messages. 

Thanks,

Kathy

dian in spokane
                            Participant

hmm… I think they were by MelanomaMom.. I'd have to go look for them, and..just dashing off now. I am thinking that the one's with fewer responses just fell off to the second page or something.

thanks for your help kathy!

kwahlbin

There was some of those last week from MelanomaMom and I deleted the duplicates.  That is probably why I can't find them ๐Ÿ™‚  Let me know if I missed something.

dian in spokane
                                Participant

still there, on page 3, by MelanomaMom : Staging and Treatment Options.

I guess it doesn't matter now that they are inactive. I'm not sure why it has been happening. Is it only on her posts? maybe it's her machine.

thanks again

dian in spokane
                                  Participant

still there, on page 3, by MelanomaMom : Staging and Treatment Options.

I guess it doesn't matter now that they are inactive. I'm not sure why it has been happening. Is it only on her posts? maybe it's her machine.

thanks again

kwahlbin

There was some of those last week from MelanomaMom and I deleted the duplicates.  That is probably why I can't find them ๐Ÿ™‚  Let me know if I missed something.

dian in spokane
                                      Participant

hmm… I think they were by MelanomaMom.. I'd have to go look for them, and..just dashing off now. I am thinking that the one's with fewer responses just fell off to the second page or something.

thanks for your help kathy!

kwahlbin

Hi Diane –

I don't see the duplicated posts.  Can you tell me what the subject line is?  I will go in and remove them.  I have been watching and fixing any issues I see but I guess I miss those.  I am sorry.

I have been looking into other options for the chat room.  I will see if we can get this fixed, I agree with you that it woudl be better that way.  Jerry has mentioned in the past about the two chat rooms and unfortunately it is not possible with the current option we are using.  I have that on my list of things to look at when I am evaluating other options. 

Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you see any other duplicated messages. 

Thanks,

Kathy

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics