The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

arm pit pain, low hemoglobin and low white blood cell count

Forums General Melanoma Community arm pit pain, low hemoglobin and low white blood cell count

Participant

Hello all, 

I had a level 1B melanoma 7 years ago and only basal cell removals since then… so very fortunate.  Recently, I've had some pain in my armpit.   Had a mamogram and there was no problem. I am on Keflex, thinking it may be an infection. Then, had some lab work done… Hemoglobin is 10.5, iron is normal and White Blood Cell count is 3.3     Family doctor is sending me to a hemotologist.   Could this be related to melanoma?  

Thanks, in advance, for any thoughts you may have to share.  

Anne

Hello all, 

I had a level 1B melanoma 7 years ago and only basal cell removals since then… so very fortunate.  Recently, I've had some pain in my armpit.   Had a mamogram and there was no problem. I am on Keflex, thinking it may be an infection. Then, had some lab work done… Hemoglobin is 10.5, iron is normal and White Blood Cell count is 3.3     Family doctor is sending me to a hemotologist.   Could this be related to melanoma?  

Thanks, in advance, for any thoughts you may have to share.  

Anne

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

I have never heard of that cluster of symptoms being associated with melanoma. Hopefully, your hemotologist will be able to figure out what is going on.

POW
          Participant

I have never heard of that cluster of symptoms being associated with melanoma. Hopefully, your hemotologist will be able to figure out what is going on.

POW
            Participant

JC
              Participant

i still have armpit pain on & off more than 2 years after SLNB, guess that's "normal"

JC
                Participant

i still have armpit pain on & off more than 2 years after SLNB, guess that's "normal"

JC
                  Participant

Cindy VT
                    Participant

I've been reading the board but not really on it.  I had pericarditius in the begining of June and a heart attack.  I have been trying to re-cooperate.  Even though my heart artieries and veins are good the sac around my heart isnt that you can have a heart attack from that and damage to the heart.  Who knows.  Years ago when I was married my husband thought I was going to died from it because he read it on the internet that pericarditis goes withe melanoma only they usually find out at when they know your dead and atopsy.  He left me then.  Abandonded me.  Had a great young think on the side.

Oh well that is over.  I have been having horrible pain.  All over my body.  I have been on nasty meds for the pericarditis, beacause after my interferon I because allergic to everything in the way of drug for inflamation. 

Last nigt was so very bad.  It was like a horror movie.  I was wrecked with pain all over my body. 

Its been a difficult summer.  In just 1 week I had 2 relatives dies.  One from Parkinson disease he was only 62 and another from a car accident. 

i Live in lovely New England, God Creation of space and time, but I swear, the "Dog Dags" come everywhere.  If you are from the deep south you know what the "dog days" are.  Its so humid down there that anything and everything bad can happen.  (i.e. Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, all kinds of hoo doo and voo doo).  Just something I learned when I was a kid living in South Miami when South Miami was a farm town. 

I though I'd check in.

Cindy VT

Cindy VT
                      Participant

I've been reading the board but not really on it.  I had pericarditius in the begining of June and a heart attack.  I have been trying to re-cooperate.  Even though my heart artieries and veins are good the sac around my heart isnt that you can have a heart attack from that and damage to the heart.  Who knows.  Years ago when I was married my husband thought I was going to died from it because he read it on the internet that pericarditis goes withe melanoma only they usually find out at when they know your dead and atopsy.  He left me then.  Abandonded me.  Had a great young think on the side.

Oh well that is over.  I have been having horrible pain.  All over my body.  I have been on nasty meds for the pericarditis, beacause after my interferon I because allergic to everything in the way of drug for inflamation. 

Last nigt was so very bad.  It was like a horror movie.  I was wrecked with pain all over my body. 

Its been a difficult summer.  In just 1 week I had 2 relatives dies.  One from Parkinson disease he was only 62 and another from a car accident. 

i Live in lovely New England, God Creation of space and time, but I swear, the "Dog Dags" come everywhere.  If you are from the deep south you know what the "dog days" are.  Its so humid down there that anything and everything bad can happen.  (i.e. Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, all kinds of hoo doo and voo doo).  Just something I learned when I was a kid living in South Miami when South Miami was a farm town. 

I though I'd check in.

Cindy VT

Cindy VT
                        Participant

I though I'd check in.

Cindy VT

Cindy VT
                          Participant

Oh about your armpit.  After 6 years, make sure you get it throuroughly checked out.  I was out 21 years and I had armpit pain in 2005.  They thought it was someting benign and gave me anitbiotics and then it grew so fast into a golf ball, it was melanoma.  You may not have that but just be super sure. 

Cindy VT

Cindy VT
                            Participant

Oh about your armpit.  After 6 years, make sure you get it throuroughly checked out.  I was out 21 years and I had armpit pain in 2005.  They thought it was someting benign and gave me anitbiotics and then it grew so fast into a golf ball, it was melanoma.  You may not have that but just be super sure. 

Cindy VT

Cindy VT
                              Participant

Cindy VT

nickmo79
                                Participant

What type of pain is it? I ask because I have been experiencing the same lately. I am stage 1a with clear node biopsy in my groin.

The past couple of months both of my armpits have been aching. It's like I'm holding a tennis ball under both of them. I've had an ultrasound and it looked fine. Both the derm and oncolgist don't seem concerned, but I know I'm not crazy, something is going on with my armpits.

nickmo79
                                  Participant

What type of pain is it? I ask because I have been experiencing the same lately. I am stage 1a with clear node biopsy in my groin.

The past couple of months both of my armpits have been aching. It's like I'm holding a tennis ball under both of them. I've had an ultrasound and it looked fine. Both the derm and oncolgist don't seem concerned, but I know I'm not crazy, something is going on with my armpits.

nickmo79
                                    Participant

Annamae
                                      Participant

You sound very similar to me… I was stage 1b and clear node biopsy in my groin.  My armpit pain is nagging- but it is most sore in the morning.  I went to the doctor and no one feels anything.  I'm also on an antibiotic- Keflex. I'm on the 5th day but it not made a difference. Keep in touch- esp. if it turns out to be "something".  

Annamae
                                        Participant

You sound very similar to me… I was stage 1b and clear node biopsy in my groin.  My armpit pain is nagging- but it is most sore in the morning.  I went to the doctor and no one feels anything.  I'm also on an antibiotic- Keflex. I'm on the 5th day but it not made a difference. Keep in touch- esp. if it turns out to be "something".  

Annamae
                                          Participant

Annamae
                                            Participant

I'm sorry for your troubles and sadness Cindy.  You've had a lot of knocks, that's for sure.  I live in PA… we've managed to escape the "dog days of summer" this year.  We have family in VT- it is lovely!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope things turn a round and you feel better soon.

Anne

Annamae
                                              Participant

I'm sorry for your troubles and sadness Cindy.  You've had a lot of knocks, that's for sure.  I live in PA… we've managed to escape the "dog days of summer" this year.  We have family in VT- it is lovely!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Anne

Annamae
                                                Participant

Anne

Annamae
                                                  Participant

Thanks Cindy.  Will definitely get it checked out ASAP!

Annamae
                                                    Participant

Annamae
                                                      Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics