The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anyone on the ERK trial(BVD-523) or looking into the trial?

Forums General Melanoma Community Anyone on the ERK trial(BVD-523) or looking into the trial?

Participant

I'm currently on a trial at Duke which I just started two weeks ago.  Went to MSKCC this past week and they offered two trials one of which is BVD-523.  Talking with the doctors they believe this trial and the trial I'm on at Duke are on the same footing. All three have decent results but in small numbers.  they did not push one over the other so I'm left to do some research and make a decsion.  They did say that a logical choice would be to give the current trial a chance and in six weeks(3 cycles) after CT scans,  if the current drugs were not working to come back to MSKCC and start the ERK trial.  The doctors were very helpful and knowledgeable. It was good to find that there were a couple more options avilable.   I 'm curious to find out if anyone else has heard of this trial or has started ths trial.  

Scot

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mat
        Participant

Yes, I considered this trial at MDA.  They mentioned positive results in small numbers in melanoma patients.  I viewed it as more of a bridge trial since targeted therapies often lose their effectiveness.  I did not enter the trial but I have it on my list of considerations.  MDA also mentioned that the dosage was settled, so there shouldn't be a risk of receiving too little.

scots
            Participant

Are you currently in a trial? if so what is the trial?

Scot

Mat
              Participant

No, I'm not.

Mat
                Participant

No, I'm not.

Mat
                  Participant

No, I'm not.

scots
                    Participant

Scot

scots
                      Participant

Scot

Mat
                      Participant

Yes, I considered this trial at MDA.  They mentioned positive results in small numbers in melanoma patients.  I viewed it as more of a bridge trial since targeted therapies often lose their effectiveness.  I did not enter the trial but I have it on my list of considerations.  MDA also mentioned that the dosage was settled, so there shouldn't be a risk of receiving too little.

Mat
                        Participant

Bubbles
                          Participant

I do not know much about that trial in particular.  But the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK-MAP kinase pathway is a critical signaling pathway for melanoma.  This is an older post that has a pretty good graphic demonstrating that:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2014/08/combination-therapies-for-melanoma.html

Probably stuff you already knew…but if it helps….  Good luck with your decision.  Yours, celeste

Bubbles
                            Participant

I do not know much about that trial in particular.  But the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK-MAP kinase pathway is a critical signaling pathway for melanoma.  This is an older post that has a pretty good graphic demonstrating that:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2014/08/combination-therapies-for-melanoma.html

Probably stuff you already knew…but if it helps….  Good luck with your decision.  Yours, celeste

Bubbles
                              Participant

Gwen in Maine
                                Participant

Hi Scot,

I'm about to start the prescreening for this trial at Dana Farber. I'm currently on Taf/Mek which has, for the most part, given me stable disease and little side effects. Unfortunately I have 1 large inoperable tumor that refuses to respond. Recently I've developed some pain and my LDH is going up so it's time to try something new. The trial requires a washout period of 28 days, which is worrisome. My team has decided in the meantime to give me 10 doses of SRS radiation on the biggest tumor (adrenal gland). Hopefully that will slow it down. I was also offered the ADC trial with glembatumumab vedotin (CDX-011)/ anti-gpNMB. We decided to go with the ERK trial at this point since I've done fairly well on Taf/Mek. Radiation planning starts on Weds.

Best of luck to you,

Gwen

Gwen in Maine
                                  Participant

Hi Scot,

I'm about to start the prescreening for this trial at Dana Farber. I'm currently on Taf/Mek which has, for the most part, given me stable disease and little side effects. Unfortunately I have 1 large inoperable tumor that refuses to respond. Recently I've developed some pain and my LDH is going up so it's time to try something new. The trial requires a washout period of 28 days, which is worrisome. My team has decided in the meantime to give me 10 doses of SRS radiation on the biggest tumor (adrenal gland). Hopefully that will slow it down. I was also offered the ADC trial with glembatumumab vedotin (CDX-011)/ anti-gpNMB. We decided to go with the ERK trial at this point since I've done fairly well on Taf/Mek. Radiation planning starts on Weds.

Best of luck to you,

Gwen

Gwen in Maine
                                    Participant

Hi Scot,

Best of luck to you,

Gwen

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics