The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anyone on or have info on Palbociclib target therapy?

Forums General Melanoma Community Anyone on or have info on Palbociclib target therapy?

Participant

We saw the Onc yesterday, and even though my mom's first PET was only eight weeks after her start of Pembro, he convinced us to stop and got us in a trial for Palbociclib, starting in two weeks. Her initial tumor had grown slightly and he believes the nod in her lung is a met. I'm not convinced Pembro wasn't working but also know with her low tumor burden a target therapy should have a better chance, and the Pembro is still in her system.

Palbociclib is a breast cancer treatment. My mom is postituve for the CCNDI mutation. I searched on this forum and found that at least a couple people have been on this. Can these people or anyone else share if it worked or how the side effects were?  Thank you!!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        cf91
        Participant

I was in this study but ended up not working for me.  Overall side effects were manageable, fatigue, achy and some joint pain.  Wishing your mom well and that this works for her.

CindyJ
            Participant

Thank you for the reply! I really appreciate it! Sorry it didn't work for you, but hope you found something that did!!

These decisions are so hard when you're against a clock. There's no magic answer and I'm finding that playing God with my mom's life just may be the end of me emotionally.

Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics