The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anyone Not Respond After Adding MEK?

Forums General Melanoma Community Anyone Not Respond After Adding MEK?

Participant

Hi all,

i was doing great after starting Tafinlar 6 months ago, now after about 1month on Mek, I feel like I'm getting worse. More mets on scalp and face. 

Going for brain MRI and check-up on 2/12–

.  I'll call Dr. Pavlick now, she said that sometimes the Mek makes the skin flare up before getting better, but I would have thought by now…

Thanks

Karen

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant

Karen, 

my Dr does not feel I am probabably responding to the MEK but the dab is keeping my brain and body stable, just not the heart. It sucks. Glad to hear you are doing Ok. 

Amy

NYKaren
            Participant

I just lost my whole reply. 

Let's try again. 

Amy, I'm sorry to hear about your progression.  Do the docs have a what's next?

dr P's NP and I missed each other. Last week when we spoke she said something like " well if this doesn't work, well try something else."   I have no clue what she's talking about, but I'll find out. Maybe it's just cutaneous & my brain's ok, I'll see if they want to move up MRI..

if anyone else has progressed or partially progressed on MEK, please post. 

Thanks

NYKaren
              Participant

Let's try again. 

dr P's NP and I missed each other. Last week when we spoke she said something like " well if this doesn't work, well try something else."   I have no clue what she's talking about, but I'll find out. Maybe it's just cutaneous & my brain's ok, I'll see if they want to move up MRI..

Thanks

NYKaren
                Participant

Let's try again. 

Thanks

NYKaren
                  Participant

Let's try again. 

Thanks

killmel
                    Participant

Hi Karen,

I am so sorry that more mel has shown up on your face & scalp.

If it were me, I would insist on pushing the MRI up ASAP, and evaluate where you go from there once the MRI results are in. THat is my 2 cents.

GG

killmel
                      Participant

Hi Karen,

If it were me, I would insist on pushing the MRI up ASAP, and evaluate where you go from there once the MRI results are in. THat is my 2 cents.

GG

killmel
                        Participant

Hi Karen,

GG

NYKaren
                          Participant

Let's try again. 

Thanks

NYKaren
                            Participant

Let's try again. 

Thanks

awillett1991
                            Participant

Karen, 

my Dr does not feel I am probabably responding to the MEK but the dab is keeping my brain and body stable, just not the heart. It sucks. Glad to hear you are doing Ok. 

Amy

awillett1991
                              Participant

Karen, 

Amy

Viewing 2 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics