The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anyone have a tumor in their pancreas?

Forums General Melanoma Community Anyone have a tumor in their pancreas?

Participant

I was wondering who out there is dealing with mets to pancreas. I'm awaiting an appointment to see what can be done about mine. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        AllysonRuth
        Participant

I have never heard of it going to the pancreas!  Melanoma is wicked.  I am sorry.

Allyson

AllysonRuth
          Participant

I have never heard of it going to the pancreas!  Melanoma is wicked.  I am sorry.

Allyson

AllysonRuth
            Participant

Allyson

Squash
              Participant

Yep I have some in my pancreas but I have some just about everywhere cept the brain including liver, lungs, stomach , abdomen, neck, hip spine, pelvis,.

I cant say if there are any specific side effects or special treatments other than systemic treatments with the new immuno drugs.

newmanmark
                  Participant

In 2012 my melanoma metastasized to my pancreas.  It hasn't travelled anywhere else that I know of.  I have been on the tafinlar/mekinist combo since April 2015 and it has shrunk the tumour considerably.

newmanmark
                    Participant

In 2012 my melanoma metastasized to my pancreas.  It hasn't travelled anywhere else that I know of.  I have been on the tafinlar/mekinist combo since April 2015 and it has shrunk the tumour considerably.

newmanmark
                      Participant

newmanmark
                        Participant

newmanmark
                          Participant

newmanmark
                            Participant

Squash
                            Participant

Yep I have some in my pancreas but I have some just about everywhere cept the brain including liver, lungs, stomach , abdomen, neck, hip spine, pelvis,.

I cant say if there are any specific side effects or special treatments other than systemic treatments with the new immuno drugs.

Squash
                              Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics