The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anyone else have fatigue/tiredness on MEK/TAF?

Forums General Melanoma Community Anyone else have fatigue/tiredness on MEK/TAF?

Participant

Has anyone else experienced only fatigue & tiredness while on MEK/TAF?

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        MC1R
        Participant

I have been on Mek/Taf for a year and I definitely do experience fatigue and tiredness.  My Oncologist started me on Synthroid in October and just upped the dosage this week because my thryroid numbers were low again.  How long have you been on them?

Jahendry12
            Participant

About 5 weeks.  I have not had any other side effects….yet.  Hope the combo is doing its thing and keeping the beast away.  Thanks so much for replying.

J.bun
              Participant

Tomorrow marks day 30 for me.  No real side effects, although I have been on prednisone for side effects from prior treatment (and who knows what it might be masking).  

I think my tiredness is coming from the 5am wake-up based on the usage schedule.

Hope you get your energy back soon! 

zfishberg
                Participant

Tiredness is a very common effect – at least my husband experienced it being on this combo. He was fine otherwise when the dosage of steroids was higher than 5mg daily.

When the steroids dosage was reduced to 1-2mg daily he started having very high fever (103-104) and terrible chills and sweats.

All together he was taking the combo for 3 month with interruptions to handle the effects. Recently he was switched to the immunotherapy ( Keytruda) and Gamma Knife for treating new brain Meds.

Regardless of the short period of time he was taking these meds, we did see shrinkage of his mets in the lungs.

zfishberg
                  Participant

Tiredness is a very common effect – at least my husband experienced it being on this combo. He was fine otherwise when the dosage of steroids was higher than 5mg daily.

When the steroids dosage was reduced to 1-2mg daily he started having very high fever (103-104) and terrible chills and sweats.

All together he was taking the combo for 3 month with interruptions to handle the effects. Recently he was switched to the immunotherapy ( Keytruda) and Gamma Knife for treating new brain Meds.

Regardless of the short period of time he was taking these meds, we did see shrinkage of his mets in the lungs.

J.bun
                    Participant

Tomorrow marks day 30 for me.  No real side effects, although I have been on prednisone for side effects from prior treatment (and who knows what it might be masking).  

I think my tiredness is coming from the 5am wake-up based on the usage schedule.

Hope you get your energy back soon! 

Jahendry12
                      Participant

About 5 weeks.  I have not had any other side effects….yet.  Hope the combo is doing its thing and keeping the beast away.  Thanks so much for replying.

MC1R
                      Participant

I have been on Mek/Taf for a year and I definitely do experience fatigue and tiredness.  My Oncologist started me on Synthroid in October and just upped the dosage this week because my thryroid numbers were low again.  How long have you been on them?

Viewing 1 reply thread
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics