The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anybody take resveratrol?

Forums General Melanoma Community Anybody take resveratrol?

Participant

Hi Everyone,

My new oncologist told me to take resveratrol, tumeric, and paba.  When I went to buy the resveratrol, there were so many different kinds, I just came home.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind, brand, and how much?

Thanks for your help and best wishes for good health to all warriors!

Tricia

Hi Everyone,

My new oncologist told me to take resveratrol, tumeric, and paba.  When I went to buy the resveratrol, there were so many different kinds, I just came home.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind, brand, and how much?

Thanks for your help and best wishes for good health to all warriors!

Tricia

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Gene_S
        Participant

Hi Tricia,

I Strongly recommend that you watch the following short video and do some research on the diet mentioned in the video (search Rave Diet).

I have watched the complete video and the numbers are really amazing as to how many stage 3 melanoma cancers can be cured by simply changing their diet and lifestyle. Don't forget to get some daily Sun on your skin. The Sun is a gift from God (just don't abuse it).   Best wishes, Gene

Healing Cancer From The Inside Out – Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0g_Bbkc5JQ

Sorry, I got away from your original question, I will post an answer in the future.

Gene_S
          Participant

Hi Tricia,

I Strongly recommend that you watch the following short video and do some research on the diet mentioned in the video (search Rave Diet).

I have watched the complete video and the numbers are really amazing as to how many stage 3 melanoma cancers can be cured by simply changing their diet and lifestyle. Don't forget to get some daily Sun on your skin. The Sun is a gift from God (just don't abuse it).   Best wishes, Gene

Sorry, I got away from your original question, I will post an answer in the future.

Gene_S
            Participant

Hi Tricia,

SoCalDave
              Participant

It was the 1 thing my Oncologist suggested – he said he takes it. I don't know. I take that (from vitacost, I think 500mg); plus turmeric, a daily multi, fish oil, d3, vitamin C; so far my local mets keep coming back so who knows…

triciad
                  Participant

Thank you so much for the information.  Watch out with the vitamin C.  My onclolgist (Dr. Anna Pavlick of NYU) told me that manufactured vitamin C promotes melanoma growth.  Natural vitamin C is fine (oranges, citrus, etc.)  I had eye surgery and I had to take 1000 mg/day of vitamin C per day.  I had 2 local recurrances in a 2 month time frame.  Maybe she is on to something.  Naturally, I'm not taking it anymore.

Best of luck you!

triciad
                    Participant

Thank you so much for the information.  Watch out with the vitamin C.  My onclolgist (Dr. Anna Pavlick of NYU) told me that manufactured vitamin C promotes melanoma growth.  Natural vitamin C is fine (oranges, citrus, etc.)  I had eye surgery and I had to take 1000 mg/day of vitamin C per day.  I had 2 local recurrances in a 2 month time frame.  Maybe she is on to something.  Naturally, I'm not taking it anymore.

Best of luck you!

triciad
                      Participant

Best of luck you!

SoCalDave
                      Participant

It was the 1 thing my Oncologist suggested – he said he takes it. I don't know. I take that (from vitacost, I think 500mg); plus turmeric, a daily multi, fish oil, d3, vitamin C; so far my local mets keep coming back so who knows…

SoCalDave
                        Participant

larrysny
                          Participant

Tricia, I agree with your oncolongist and recommend you consider trying Longevinex.  You can access extensive information on resveratrol at the website longevinex.com.  After you have looked at the info, call or email Bill Sardi directly and he will be happy to answer your questions. 

I am 67 years old, have CAD and had skin cancer growth removed about 10 years ago.  I  have been taking Longevinex for over 7 years and hope it is helping prevent further problems but I can attest that my general health and endurance has improved dramaticly.  My tennis game is better than it was 10 years ago. 

Sincerely,

Larry

larrysny
                            Participant

Tricia, I agree with your oncolongist and recommend you consider trying Longevinex.  You can access extensive information on resveratrol at the website longevinex.com.  After you have looked at the info, call or email Bill Sardi directly and he will be happy to answer your questions. 

I am 67 years old, have CAD and had skin cancer growth removed about 10 years ago.  I  have been taking Longevinex for over 7 years and hope it is helping prevent further problems but I can attest that my general health and endurance has improved dramaticly.  My tennis game is better than it was 10 years ago. 

Sincerely,

Larry

triciad
                                Participant

Thanks Larry…I'll look into it.

triciad
                                  Participant

triciad
                                    Participant

larrysny
                                    Participant

Sincerely,

Larry

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics