The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anybody Else Using Rick Simpson Oil Or Other Cannabis Products To Supplement Your Treatments?

Forums General Melanoma Community Anybody Else Using Rick Simpson Oil Or Other Cannabis Products To Supplement Your Treatments?

Participant

Hi Everyone,

As I have related in other posts I have been using medical cannabis for nausea and other side effects of the treatment I received at NIH. Also, after my July follow up at NIH was the same as the previous ones — nothing growing at a huge rate but nothing shrinking — I added Rick Simpson Oil to my regimen.

In July they told me that there was a small chance my tumors could begin to respond to the TIL therapy by the next follow up but they didn't sound too hopeful. Last week, after six weeks of taking Rick Simpson Oil daily, the radiologist said my target lesions were "unchanged to slightly larger." Dr. Goff, when she looked at the scans, said that to her one has actually gotten slightly smaller. They were very happy. Was it late activating T-cells from the trial? Did the RSO help intensify my response? Something is working, and it didn't seem to start until I added RSO to the mix.

My only problem with the RSO is that after doing some research I've come to believe it is what is causing my current bouts of nausea. I tried to make it to Simpson's recommended 1 gram a day, but I've had to back off the amount I take.

I'm looking for others on the board who are also using RSO or other cannabis preparations so we can compare notes. Not looking for anybody who is anti-pharma and thinks cannabis is the total answer. It's part of the puzzle. So if you're using cannabis for symptoms or treatment and agree with me that cannabis makes a good adjunct treatment and needs more study, drop me a line, either on the board or in private.

-Bill

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        AMcReader
        Participant

Hi Bill, I use cannabis for both medical and personal reasons and would love to share my experience with you and trade insights. I do not, by any means, believe that cannabis is a substitute for traditional medical care but I do believe there are adjuvant benefits.

Ihave a lot of trouble using this forum through my phone (and I’m rarely on a PC outside of work) so if you’re interested in discussing, please email me [email protected].

I hope you’re doing well post-TIL, I’ve been following your journey from afar and rooting you on!

MelanomaMike
          Participant

Ive heard of his brand & know he formulates according to cancer spicifics? i could be wrong…Ive stated before i went out on bought me a bottle of CBD/THC oils {with dropper} a name brand called Papa & Barkley, a Dad & Dog company {ahha realy!}, its a  3:1 recipe, made with whole plant infusion. Ive only used it for about 8 days after my very first infuse of Yervoy {in combonation with Opdivo} cuz i was OUT OF MY MIND SICK! it helped a great deal, not with apitite {Megace helped with that "after-the-fact} but with body pain, anxiety etc…Thank god i live here in California {only for that reason} i walked on in,  no script, just  my ID & done!…The most these oils will do is ease our pain & suffering, we can be wishful to think it slows or stops cancer cells from growing….Mike

mrsaxde
              Participant

I don't believe that RSO or other cannabis preparations are miracle cures, nor do I think they work for everybody. But I absolutely believe they work for some. How do I know? I know a woman whose husband had bladder cancer. They went to Canada before Simpson left for Belarus and made their oil under his direction. She said that weeks later there were no traces of cancer in her husband's bladder.

And then there's Rylee Maedler. I used to work with her father.You can read her story here: 

https://www.ryliessunshine.com/about-us-1

In my case I had been through the LAG-3 trial last year, and the TIL trial this spring. I have had scans every six to twelve weeks in that time span. Every set of scans showed that my tumors were growing. Slowly, but growing. After my July follow up at NIH I added RSO. And my scans last week showed that my target lesions had not grown since July and one may have actually gotten slightly smaller.

Now of course this may be due to the TIL trial. Dr. Goff seemed ready to release me from the trial in July but she held out what she thought was a very slight chance things could start working. She was as surprised as I was at the results of my scans, I think.

Cannabis needs much more study. I have read several papers published by NIH/NCI and other outlets about positive results with cannabinoids in the lab. It needs much more study in humans.

I'm not an advocate of naturalistic healing only. But I believe it plays a part. And while any help I may be getting from the RSO may be nothing more than psychophysiological I want to complete the course of 60 grams. You never know. It wasn't that long ago that most people said that pot was just something that makes you feel stupid. 🙂

-Bill

MelanomaMike
                Participant
                  Hi Bill, i to have heard many stories of it working (shrinking or destroying tumors) so, like you said, its still up in the air at this point, youde think since here in Calif its available legaly (less restrictions i should say, its still Federaly Illegal) that Calif would step up and do these test’s/research! Or maybe they are?? Im hopeful, all of us need something that treats us with little to no side effects!!..not so destructive on our bodies…Mike
                aldrichdesigner
                Participant
                  Hi Bill,

I’ve never heard of RSO until today so I apologize if I say anything incorrect but I have been a cannabis user since way before I was diagnosed with stage 4 Melanoma.

Now in my case, the melanoma has done so much damage to my spine before we caught it that the majority of my pain stems from a permanently injured spinal cord. I have only two vertebrae that are 100% intact, the rest all have bits and pieces missing, some more than others. In fact, about 14 months ago I had 9 pins and a rod inserted into my neck to hold me together and keep me from becoming paralized. So, while I’m in a tremendous amount of pain daily, I’m thankful that I can still walk.

Anyway, back on topic. I use marajuana multiple times a day now for multiple symptoms from depression to anxiety to nausea to appetite and finally for pain management as well. I can’t say that I necessarily believe it’s treating my cancer but if it’s helping the pembro in anyway then cool. I’m just happy it treats all those symptoms and I don’t have to swallow another damn pill. In fact, none of my drugs treat two of the same symptoms let alone FIVE!

So, I say “Smoke Up” and enjoy. It’s a miracle drug and anyone that is stage 3-4 and dealing with everyday pains, aches and other recurring symptoms that you just can’t get rid of then you need to try cannabis. They of course have all different kinds of methods available to users now but I have to say that nothing is even close to as effective as just smoking straight flower. All other ways are rather expensive and don’t give you the same instant relief that smoking does. The edibles need to be digested before they will kick in and the oils are nice because they are odorless but they are also expensive and not nearly as strong (I have a high tolerance).

If anyone has any questions about cannabis, I can do the best to answer them as long as it’s not about legality or any of that mess.

aldrichdesigner
                    Participant
                      Sorry for the super long post, just sharing my experience and trying to be helpful.
                      MelanomaMike
                      Participant
                        Never apologize AldrichDesigner for what you think as ” Writing to much”! You should know that for alotta of us, reading post’s (and writing) here at MRF is all we have as far as info or “entertainment”!!.. I mean, im speaking on behalf of us folks on disability (SSDI Or what not) or folks who are really involved & love MRF. write yer butt off! Id rather read your stuff then SPAM! HAHAHAHAHAHA…..Mike…
                        debbiewhite
                        Participant
                          helllo everyone 5 years ago i was diagnosed with skin cancer but doctor james of onlinedispensary helped me with their CBD oil. they treat many more and have got a variety of products from flowers to carts wax and oil so text +1607-527-0243 or visit their site at http://www.shipnexcnbs.cf
                          thanks i hope it helps someone
                          jeroliver
                          Participant
                            Hi everyone, I don’t have any experience with skin cancer but I did read that Rick Simpson (the man responsible for the full spectrum cannabis oil craze) supposedly cured his skin cancer by slapping it on the skin cancer areas and covering them with bandages. Legend has it, it took only 4 days…

Slap it on! Keep eating your oil too. Up your dosages. Listen to your doctor too!

Good luck everyone!

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics