The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Any tips for taking/tolerating Zelboraf?

Forums General Melanoma Community Any tips for taking/tolerating Zelboraf?

Participant

I just took my first dose of 4 pills, with much gratitude and hope about an hour ago. any tips from those of you who've taken this med in terms of foods to avoid, supplements that you think help hold off the possible resistance, things that seem to work for you? I understand the hugely increased sensitivity to sun exposure and will take care, taking them with a full glass of water, and then have meds left from the side effects caused by Interferon for nausea etc.

I just took my first dose of 4 pills, with much gratitude and hope about an hour ago. any tips from those of you who've taken this med in terms of foods to avoid, supplements that you think help hold off the possible resistance, things that seem to work for you? I understand the hugely increased sensitivity to sun exposure and will take care, taking them with a full glass of water, and then have meds left from the side effects caused by Interferon for nausea etc. i take Celebrex already for arthritis and BP meds.  my earlier posts and now my profile describe my mets, prior treatments and how i got to stage IV. thank you. Ron

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Laurie from maine
        Participant
          Hi
          I found it best to set timer on my phone for morning and night as sometimes when running around or traveling I would forget to take pills without that reminder. As time went out my stomach got a little funny so I ended up doing best with five small meals. Besides hair loss and sun it is a very tolerable drug.
          Good luck
          Laurie from maine
          Laurie from maine
          Participant
            Hi
            I found it best to set timer on my phone for morning and night as sometimes when running around or traveling I would forget to take pills without that reminder. As time went out my stomach got a little funny so I ended up doing best with five small meals. Besides hair loss and sun it is a very tolerable drug.
            Good luck
            Laurie from maine
            Laurie from maine
            Participant
              Hi
              Good luck
              Laurie from maine
              aldakota22
              Participant

I pray the drug works for you as good as it does me.As for myself found nothing as far as foods to advoid or supplements to take.You probably will have some digestive issues  but it all is tolerable.Other side effects come and go.Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.  Al

aldakota22
                Participant

I pray the drug works for you as good as it does me.As for myself found nothing as far as foods to advoid or supplements to take.You probably will have some digestive issues  but it all is tolerable.Other side effects come and go.Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.  Al

aldakota22
                  Participant

Richard_K
                    Participant

Ron

Like Laurie, I too have set alarms on my phone as pill reminders, as I am somewhat anal about taking on a regular schedule.  I take my pills with breakfast and supper and for what it's worth, almost always with a glass of either apple or grape juice.

I have what has to be described as an awful diet (low on fruits and vegetables) but it is the same diet I had pre-melanoma.

Good luck

Dick

Richard_K
                      Participant

Ron

Like Laurie, I too have set alarms on my phone as pill reminders, as I am somewhat anal about taking on a regular schedule.  I take my pills with breakfast and supper and for what it's worth, almost always with a glass of either apple or grape juice.

I have what has to be described as an awful diet (low on fruits and vegetables) but it is the same diet I had pre-melanoma.

Good luck

Dick

Richard_K
                        Participant

Ron

Good luck

Dick

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics