The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Any stage 2 survivors here?

Forums General Melanoma Community Any stage 2 survivors here?

Participant
      Any stage 2 survivors here? Love to hear your story
    Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Julie in SoCal
        Participant
          Hi Anon,

I’m not a stage 2 survivor (I’m stage 4). I hope you get some responses here because there are MANY stage 2 survivors. However, you might not get a whole lot of responses here as Stage 2 melanoma peeps don’t tend to hang out on this board. They come, get support or questions answered, deal with the awfulness of a melanoma diagnosis, and then the further away they get from their diagnosis and treatment the less of a need they have for this board. They’re outliving their life! And this is a good thing.

If you have questions or just want to vent or hang out here– Welcome. Post away! If you do, I suggest you create a user name and profile. It can be anything. Using a user name helps us keep your story in mind. It’s hard to track which anon we’re talking to.

Shalom,
          Julie

sj
          Participant
            It’s probably too soon for me to say this but I was diagnosed as Stage 2B and I’m currently NED after a successful surgery, but fully prepared for distant metastasis.
              caman
              Participant
                Mine was on the neck little over 4. Removed in 2018 as well. I was prepared for metastasis as well but our chances are now much better after 2 years being NED. So I been told and from what I’ve been reading. Just hoping this thinking is correct. This is why I’m reaching out here with similar stories.
                sj
                Participant
                  Nice. Yeah I was only diagnosed this year but I’ll let you know how it goes
                SOLE
                Participant
                  Stage 2b (2c?), July 2016. T3b grade and a very bad amenalotic ulcerated nodular tumour under right foot wherebthevsun never shines …Originally told Satge 3b because of “rare isolated cells in one lymph node. Upon three reanalyses in UK, Amsterdam and one more in Montreal (tis where I live), it turned out as no clear clear evidence of lymph node contamination therefore stage 2b.

Still alive and living 3.5 years later. Planning on crossing 5 year mark in July 2021 with a 3 week trip to Italy with new partner. Fear of recurrence does indeed get better with time but it was hell for me getting where I am today.

Hope you have a shallower tumour. Live cause it’s… now!

Treadlightly
                    Participant
                      Hi There,

I am a 9 year survivor of Stage 2A malignant melanoma. Mine was called Acral Lentiginous, and appeared on the heel of my foot. My lesion was 3.8 mm deep, but fortunately had no ulceration. The biopsy also indicated no sign of lymph or vascular involvement. However, due to the depth, I had to have a Wide Local Excision (WLE), with 2 cm margin and a Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy…which came back negative. Given the large WLE, I needed to have my heel reconstructed with a vascularized skin graft from my thigh, which required a couple of surgeries to complete.

Best of luck for a long NED life!
                      Mark

caman
                      Participant
                        Thanx everyone for the replies. Hope all the best for everyone.
                  Viewing 2 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics