The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Any Merck anti PD-1 results?

Forums General Melanoma Community Any Merck anti PD-1 results?

Participant

just checking in to see if anyone has any results or comments to share from Merck's pd1 trial?  I start next week and would like to keep in touch with others n the trial.  Thanks, Robert

just checking in to see if anyone has any results or comments to share from Merck's pd1 trial?  I start next week and would like to keep in touch with others n the trial.  Thanks, Robert

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

Hi Robert,

That is great news that you are able to start the Merck trial. I am loking for a anti-pd1 trial.

Where is the trial? How often do you get the infusions? Anthing else you can tell us about the trial would be greatly appreciated.

Good Luck with the trial!

Mike

rbruce
            Participant

Mike, i will be at UCSF with Dr. Daud.   To start,  10 mg infusions will be every 2 weeks but there is rumor of an ammendment that will change it to every 3 weeks.  What therapies have you completed?  Are you braf+, or what mutation are you?  Robert

rbruce
              Participant

Mike, i will be at UCSF with Dr. Daud.   To start,  10 mg infusions will be every 2 weeks but there is rumor of an ammendment that will change it to every 3 weeks.  What therapies have you completed?  Are you braf+, or what mutation are you?  Robert

rbruce
                Participant

audgator
                  Participant

Mike, I start an anti-pd1 trial on Tuesday at Moffitt. It will be every other week for 12 weeks then another 12 weeks if I'm stable or improving.    Dan

LynnLuc
                    Participant

Good Luck Dan! Its good you didn't need the right HLA in your Arm of the trial…I guess it's the peptides that required the specific HLA type! Perhaps I will see you down there…don't forget to check with the Social Worker about the other issue…Lynn

LynnLuc
                      Participant

Good Luck Dan! Its good you didn't need the right HLA in your Arm of the trial…I guess it's the peptides that required the specific HLA type! Perhaps I will see you down there…don't forget to check with the Social Worker about the other issue…Lynn

LynnLuc
                        Participant

LynnLuc
                          Participant

PS you may get a red flush the first few times you get it….

LynnLuc
                            Participant

LynnLuc
                              Participant

audgator
                                Participant

Mike, I start an anti-pd1 trial on Tuesday at Moffitt. It will be every other week for 12 weeks then another 12 weeks if I'm stable or improving.    Dan

audgator
                                  Participant

killmel
                                  Participant

Hi Robert,

That is great news that you are able to start the Merck trial. I am loking for a anti-pd1 trial.

Where is the trial? How often do you get the infusions? Anthing else you can tell us about the trial would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

killmel
                                    Participant

Hi Robert,

Mike

melmar
                                      Participant
                                        Robert – Glad to hear you are starting on anti pd-1. I have not posted on this forum before. As a recently diagnosed stage 4 melanoma patient I have spent countless hours on this site learning as much as possible but haven’t had much to contribute until now. (thank you by the way to all of the knowledgeable posters helping us newbies find our way). Anyway, I started on merck 3475 trial at the Angeles clinic in January after researching a number of trials and doctors. Like you, i go every two weeks for infusions. (The clinic is amazing by the way) I just finished my fourth treatment and have had virtually no side effects worth mentioning. It is early in the trial, but I am told they are seeing good results. I am so hopeful and will stay in touch as I learn more.
                                          rbruce
                                          Participant

Thanks for your post, its great to hear about minimal side effects.  Do they do a pre infusion medication of any kind? Is Hamid your doctor? i'll check out your profile.  I'd love to stay in touch as there are not many in the trial and it will be good to share exoeriences.  God bless and take care.  Robert

rbruce
                                            Participant

Thanks for your post, its great to hear about minimal side effects.  Do they do a pre infusion medication of any kind? Is Hamid your doctor? i'll check out your profile.  I'd love to stay in touch as there are not many in the trial and it will be good to share exoeriences.  God bless and take care.  Robert

rbruce
                                              Participant

melmar
                                                Participant
                                                  Robert,
                                                  There are no pre-infusion medications — Just labs followed by 1/2 hour infusion every other week. Dr. Hamid is my doctor. I haven’t yet created a profile but will do so after this post. Thanks again to you and others for sharing their experiences. I am so thankful to have found this site and will happily stay in touch regarding this trial. My thoughts and prayers go to you and others on this site fighting the battle.
                                                  Margo
                                                  boot2aboot
                                                  Participant

Robert,

my onc said that the Bristol Myers (older anti PD1) made some of her stage 4 patients NED…i can't get on it until Zelboraf quits working…

boots

boot2aboot
                                                    Participant

Robert,

my onc said that the Bristol Myers (older anti PD1) made some of her stage 4 patients NED…i can't get on it until Zelboraf quits working…

boots

rbruce
                                                      Participant
                                                        Thanks Boots for the encouraging words. I’m in SF for labs today, biopsy tomorrow and infusion on Thursday. I’ll.let u know how it goes. Robert
                                                        killmel
                                                        Participant

Hi Robert,

How oftern do you get infusions for this drug?? What are the side effects??

Wishing you good luck with this trial.

Mary

killmel
                                                          Participant

Hi Robert,

Mary

killmel
                                                            Participant

Hi Robert,

Mary

rbruce
                                                              Participant
                                                                Thanks Boots for the encouraging words. I’m in SF for labs today, biopsy tomorrow and infusion on Thursday. I’ll.let u know how it goes. Robert
                                                                rbruce
                                                                Participant
                                                                  boot2aboot
                                                                  Participant

Robert,

boots

melmar
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Robert,
                                                                      There are no pre-infusion medications — Just labs followed by 1/2 hour infusion every other week. Dr. Hamid is my doctor. I haven’t yet created a profile but will do so after this post. Thanks again to you and others for sharing their experiences. I am so thankful to have found this site and will happily stay in touch regarding this trial. My thoughts and prayers go to you and others on this site fighting the battle.
                                                                      Margo
                                                                      melmar
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        Robert,
                                                                        Margo
                                                                        killmel
                                                                        Participant

Hi,

I read your profile that state you live in Alaska.

How do you get infusions every 2 weeks…do you commute from Alaska?

Good Luckwith your trial.

Dave

killmel
                                                                          Participant

Hi,

Dave

killmel
                                                                            Participant

Hi,

Dave

killmel
                                                                              Participant

Hi Margo

Dave

melmar
                                                                                Participant

Yes.  I travel from Alaska every two weeks.  It is a bit of logistical nightmare — not to mention expense, but I also really like the clinic / Dr. Hamid and am very optimistic about the trial.  I guess my motto should be "will travel for cure".        

melmar
                                                                                  Participant

Yes.  I travel from Alaska every two weeks.  It is a bit of logistical nightmare — not to mention expense, but I also really like the clinic / Dr. Hamid and am very optimistic about the trial.  I guess my motto should be "will travel for cure".        

melmar
                                                                                    Participant

killmel
                                                                                      Participant

Hi Margo

Dave

killmel
                                                                                        Participant

Hi Margo

Dave

melmar
                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                          Robert – Glad to hear you are starting on anti pd-1. I have not posted on this forum before. As a recently diagnosed stage 4 melanoma patient I have spent countless hours on this site learning as much as possible but haven’t had much to contribute until now. (thank you by the way to all of the knowledgeable posters helping us newbies find our way). Anyway, I started on merck 3475 trial at the Angeles clinic in January after researching a number of trials and doctors. Like you, i go every two weeks for infusions. (The clinic is amazing by the way) I just finished my fourth treatment and have had virtually no side effects worth mentioning. It is early in the trial, but I am told they are seeing good results. I am so hopeful and will stay in touch as I learn more.
                                                                                          melmar
                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                        Viewing 5 reply threads
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics