The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Any effects of the vaccine and immunotherapy?

Forums General Melanoma Community Any effects of the vaccine and immunotherapy?

Participant
      Hi.  I was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in April 2020.  I had the 4 treatments of Yervoy and Opdivo with great results.  Now I’ve had 12 out of 24 monthly treatments of a double dose of Opdivo.  I’m still waiting the results of Monday’s CatScan.  My question though has to do with the covid vaccine.  Has anyone had the vaccine and then had their latest bloodwork done?  I’m wondering if there is any side effects from the vaccine / immunotherapy combination.  I have read about the initial side effects are similar to everyone else’s – i.e. a few days of discomfort.  But I am more concerned with the effects on our bloodwork numbers.  I would like to wait till I finish my 24 months of immunotherapy before I get the vaccine but may not be possible.  Does anyone share my concerns or am I just worried over nothing?
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        DZ
        Participant
          My mom has stage 3c and was in the middle of Opdivo treatment when she received Pfizer. No problems and no change to blood work.
          JudiAU
          Participant
            There is a larger thread below but no changes to bloodwork here.
        Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics