The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anti-pd1 trials galore!!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Anti-pd1 trials galore!!!!

Participant

FYI – from my blog…..

FYI – from my blog…..

This month marks a full year of my being under anti-PD1 treatment (MDX-1106 by Bristol Meyers Squibb) combined with vaccines at Moffitt in Tampa. However, anti-PD1 is now in development by 5 companies (BMS – MDX-1106, CureTech – CT-011, Merck/Scherring Plough – MK-3475/SCH 900475, Amplimmune/Glaxo Smith Kline – AMP-224, Genentec – no drug name yet).  However, the Genentec drug is technically an anti-PD1 ligand.  Trials for all of these include my BMS combo with vaccines at Moffitt as well as a new CureTech trial opening at Moffitt.  CureTech is also opening trials at Yale, Dartmouth, and locations in New York, Boston, Europe, and Israel. Merck/Sherring Plough is opening sites in San Antonio, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Toronto.  Amplimmune will have sites in Detroit, North Carolina, and Nashville. BMS also has trials in New York and at Yale. 

So far, BMS has been in the lead with trials already in process, but it looks like game on for the rest of them.  Hope, they know what they are doing and there is real promise here.  Usually pharma knows where to place it's bets….so we will see….as data remains hard to come by….more on that next….. 

Best wishes to all……Celeste

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        momof2kids
        Participant

Hope to see more of these continue to open and continue to work on patients, as it's one i'd love to use someday as another treatment!

Just hoping one comes to Pittsburgh at some point!

momof2kids
          Participant

Hope to see more of these continue to open and continue to work on patients, as it's one i'd love to use someday as another treatment!

momof2kids
            Participant

Cooper
                Participant

MIF forum has the full list and Pittsburgh was on it.

Cooper
                  Participant

Cooper
                    Participant

Cooper
                      Participant

Cooper
                        Participant

Cooper
                          Participant

boot2aboot
                          Participant

tampa trial rejects all who is not HLA-A2 so thanks for including other anti-PD1 trials…for those of us on zelboraf…we need to find effective treatment…this one looks promising…

boots

boot2aboot
                            Participant

tampa trial rejects all who is not HLA-A2 so thanks for including other anti-PD1 trials…for those of us on zelboraf…we need to find effective treatment…this one looks promising…

boots

boot2aboot
                              Participant

boots

Bubbles
                                  Participant

I don't think the CureTech trial that recently opened in Tampa at Moffitt will have that requirement because it will (as far as I know) NOT include the vaccine component.  You should check with them if you are interested.  The BMS anti-pd1 trail was combined with vaccines at Moffitt thereby creating that requirement.  I don't think others have that stipulation. C

Bubbles
                                    Participant

I don't think the CureTech trial that recently opened in Tampa at Moffitt will have that requirement because it will (as far as I know) NOT include the vaccine component.  You should check with them if you are interested.  The BMS anti-pd1 trail was combined with vaccines at Moffitt thereby creating that requirement.  I don't think others have that stipulation. C

Bubbles
                                      Participant

LuckyMan51
                                      Participant

Thanks.. I am relooking at Anti pd-1 trials. Just found out last Friday Melanoma (primiary 11 yrs ago on chest then moved the to lung with surgical resection 8/11) has resurfaced 2/12 with one leison 1/4 inch size on the brain. My doctor wants me to start Yervoy/Ippy next Thursday and interview neurosurgeon and radiation doctor this Monday and Tuesday. I had heard the phase I trials with Anti Pd-1 were very successful and think I lean towards doing that first.. Does anybody know if anti-pd 1 trials require any other auto immune therapies first and would they fit sombody with melanoma mets in brain? 

LuckyMan51
                                        Participant

Thanks.. I am relooking at Anti pd-1 trials. Just found out last Friday Melanoma (primiary 11 yrs ago on chest then moved the to lung with surgical resection 8/11) has resurfaced 2/12 with one leison 1/4 inch size on the brain. My doctor wants me to start Yervoy/Ippy next Thursday and interview neurosurgeon and radiation doctor this Monday and Tuesday. I had heard the phase I trials with Anti Pd-1 were very successful and think I lean towards doing that first.. Does anybody know if anti-pd 1 trials require any other auto immune therapies first and would they fit sombody with melanoma mets in brain? 

LuckyMan51
                                          Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics