The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anti-PD1 trials

Forums General Melanoma Community Anti-PD1 trials

Participant

can anyone tell me where they are doing anti pd1 trials? I'm willing to travel some, but I'd prefer something on the western side of the US.

thanks,

dian in spokane

can anyone tell me where they are doing anti pd1 trials? I'm willing to travel some, but I'd prefer something on the western side of the US.

thanks,

dian in spokane

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

Hi Dian,

There are many pd1 trials around the USA. Depending upon what is going on with you then you might qualify for a trial:

Do you have measurable disease is a basic criteria  : 1 CM or more.

Past treatment is also consideration: usually you have to wait 4 weeks  since your last treatment

PD1 trials have been requiring a  fresh biopsy- can you provide a biopsy, fresh if needed.

I suggest that you look for trials that you meet the criteria & then worry about the location.

Good Luck

killmel
          Participant

Hi Dian,

There are many pd1 trials around the USA. Depending upon what is going on with you then you might qualify for a trial:

Past treatment is also consideration: usually you have to wait 4 weeks  since your last treatment

PD1 trials have been requiring a  fresh biopsy- can you provide a biopsy, fresh if needed.

I suggest that you look for trials that you meet the criteria & then worry about the location.

Good Luck

killmel
            Participant

Hi Dian,

Good Luck

dian in spokane
                Participant

thanks anonymous!

I was frustrated in my search but actually found the trial I was looking for and have been talking to the trial nurse. But for a short time, I thought there was NO anti pd 1 trial at SCCA (in seattle) so I was kind of hoping I'd see a little feedback on some other western clinics, so I could continue my search.  I've moved on.

But.. I remember 8 yrs ago on this board, a query like that would have gotten a half a dozen responses in a 24 hour period.

thanks for piping up!

Dian

dian in spokane
                  Participant

thanks anonymous!

I was frustrated in my search but actually found the trial I was looking for and have been talking to the trial nurse. But for a short time, I thought there was NO anti pd 1 trial at SCCA (in seattle) so I was kind of hoping I'd see a little feedback on some other western clinics, so I could continue my search.  I've moved on.

But.. I remember 8 yrs ago on this board, a query like that would have gotten a half a dozen responses in a 24 hour period.

thanks for piping up!

Dian

dian in spokane
                    Participant

thanks anonymous!

thanks for piping up!

Dian

killmel
                    Participant

Dian,

Did you complete your radiation??? What was your response to radiation..any shrinkage?? What is the size of your tumor in your lungs now???

A

dian in spokane
                        Participant

gosh, I guess I forgot to actually post my results.

The SRS worked well on the small tumor I had in my lung, but a couple more spots are now involved. A second tumor in my right lung has arrived, and a long, slow changing spot in my lower left lobe that could be a tumor or a lymph node.

So it's looking like time for systemic treatment.

I am kind of leaning toward IL 2. guess I will post abut that sometime today.

So..the old tumor gone, just a nasty radiation footprint on my lung. New  tumor, 1.4 I forgot to take a copy of my report home, so I forget the SUV.. not that high yet, but.. zero to 4. something between scans.

dian in spokane
                          Participant

The SRS worked well on the small tumor I had in my lung, but a couple more spots are now involved. A second tumor in my right lung has arrived, and a long, slow changing spot in my lower left lobe that could be a tumor or a lymph node.

So..the old tumor gone, just a nasty radiation footprint on my lung. New  tumor, 1.4 I forgot to take a copy of my report home, so I forget the SUV.. not that high yet, but.. zero to 4. something between scans.

dian in spokane
                            Participant

killmel
                              Participant

Here are IL melanoma  trials at SCCA.  It is my understanding that you can have IL2 treatment & you do NOT have to be in a trial. IL2 is a FDA approved treatment, as well as, Yervoy/Ipilimumab. It might be better for you to not have to deal with clinical trial protocol & all the rules of the clinical trial.Plus your doctor has more freedom to treat you.

IL-2 "SELECT" for Advanced Melanoma
                                The High-Dose Aldesleukin (IL-2) "SELECT" Trial: A Prospective Tissue Collection Protocol to Investigate Predictive Models of Response to High-Dose IL-2 Treatments in Patients With Advance Melanoma

L-21/Ipilimumab Combination for Melanoma

A Phase I Dose Escalation Study of BMS-982470 (Recombinant Interleukin 21, rIL-21) in Combination With Ipilimumab in Subjects With Unresectable Stage III or Stage IV Melanoma
                                killmel
                                Participant

Here are IL melanoma  trials at SCCA.  It is my understanding that you can have IL2 treatment & you do NOT have to be in a trial. IL2 is a FDA approved treatment, as well as, Yervoy/Ipilimumab. It might be better for you to not have to deal with clinical trial protocol & all the rules of the clinical trial.Plus your doctor has more freedom to treat you.

The High-Dose Aldesleukin (IL-2) "SELECT" Trial: A Prospective Tissue Collection Protocol to Investigate Predictive Models of Response to High-Dose IL-2 Treatments in Patients With Advance Melanoma

A Phase I Dose Escalation Study of BMS-982470 (Recombinant Interleukin 21, rIL-21) in Combination With Ipilimumab in Subjects With Unresectable Stage III or Stage IV Melanoma
                                  Cooper
                                  Participant

Check over at http://www.melanomaforum.org   they have lists of the PD1 trials or you can email for a specific location

Cooper
                                    Participant

Check over at http://www.melanomaforum.org   they have lists of the PD1 trials or you can email for a specific location

Cooper
                                      Participant

killmel
                                        Participant

killmel
                                        Participant

Dian,

Did you complete your radiation??? What was your response to radiation..any shrinkage?? What is the size of your tumor in your lungs now???

A

killmel
                                          Participant

Dian,

A

Napa K
                                            Participant

Hi Diane-

Regarding anti-PD1, have you tried contacting Angeles Clinic, Los Angeles (Dr. Hamid) or California Pacific Medical Clinic in San Francisco (Dr. Minor)? I have heard of multiple people getting on trial recently at these sites.

Napa K
                                              Participant

Hi Diane-

Regarding anti-PD1, have you tried contacting Angeles Clinic, Los Angeles (Dr. Hamid) or California Pacific Medical Clinic in San Francisco (Dr. Minor)? I have heard of multiple people getting on trial recently at these sites.

Napa K
                                                Participant

Hi Diane-

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics