The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

anti-pd1 patients side effects

Forums General Melanoma Community anti-pd1 patients side effects

Participant

Hi. I wanted to ask any patients that are on anti-pd1 if it made you sick soon after receiving treatment I have been getting sick on day two. Doctors seem really surprised by it. I appreciate any feedback.

Hi. I wanted to ask any patients that are on anti-pd1 if it made you sick soon after receiving treatment I have been getting sick on day two. Doctors seem really surprised by it. I appreciate any feedback.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

Hey Becky,

I haven't heard of many (any) patients getting sick that early.  I'm sure you aren't the first but that does sound unusual.  Maybe you have some other type of non-related/non-serious issue going on (flu, virus, etc..).  I've been corresponding with the wife of another Anti-PD1 patient and he experienced a little nausea the week after his 4th infusion but up to that point he'd had very little side effects other than fatigue.  I'm scheduled for my 3rd infusion on Monday and so far I've had no side effects that I've noticed.  Hopefully it's unrelated or just a temporary reaction to the drug and you are back to feeling good soon.

Brian

BrianP
          Participant

Hey Becky,

I haven't heard of many (any) patients getting sick that early.  I'm sure you aren't the first but that does sound unusual.  Maybe you have some other type of non-related/non-serious issue going on (flu, virus, etc..).  I've been corresponding with the wife of another Anti-PD1 patient and he experienced a little nausea the week after his 4th infusion but up to that point he'd had very little side effects other than fatigue.  I'm scheduled for my 3rd infusion on Monday and so far I've had no side effects that I've noticed.  Hopefully it's unrelated or just a temporary reaction to the drug and you are back to feeling good soon.

Brian

BrianP
            Participant

Hey Becky,

Brian

Bubbles
              Participant

Hey Becky,

I'm not sure what you mean by "sick"….but I received all my anti-PD1 infusions (every other week for 6 months and every 3 months for 2 additional years) on a Friday.  I was always most tired and worn on Monday….after each infusion.  I even missed a couple of Monday's at work because of it, though those were the only absences I had during that time.  The whole story of my anti-PD1 adventure is on my blog.  Hope that helps and I wish you the best.  Celeste

Bubbles
                Participant

Hey Becky,

I'm not sure what you mean by "sick"….but I received all my anti-PD1 infusions (every other week for 6 months and every 3 months for 2 additional years) on a Friday.  I was always most tired and worn on Monday….after each infusion.  I even missed a couple of Monday's at work because of it, though those were the only absences I had during that time.  The whole story of my anti-PD1 adventure is on my blog.  Hope that helps and I wish you the best.  Celeste

Bubbles
                  Participant

Hey Becky,

tasjacques
                    Participant

Hi Becky,

My husband is on the trial, he was advance disease involving multiple organs and large in size and numbers. After he started the trial, he felt fatigue-weak, and bloated, now there is minor knee and hip pain (manageable).

Hope this helps you, and that any symptoms you are having pass rapidly. You are fighting a huge fight and so is your body, so it might feel more fatigue than you want but that is because your immune system is fighting hard as well ๐Ÿ™‚

Elenise

tasjacques
                      Participant

Hi Becky,

My husband is on the trial, he was advance disease involving multiple organs and large in size and numbers. After he started the trial, he felt fatigue-weak, and bloated, now there is minor knee and hip pain (manageable).

Hope this helps you, and that any symptoms you are having pass rapidly. You are fighting a huge fight and so is your body, so it might feel more fatigue than you want but that is because your immune system is fighting hard as well ๐Ÿ™‚

Elenise

tasjacques
                        Participant

Hi Becky,

Elenise

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics