The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anti-PD1 after Ipi

Forums General Melanoma Community Anti-PD1 after Ipi

Participant

I have read a couple of anecdotal reports of patients who failed ipi then getting anti-PD1 and having success– even shrinking bone mets. I know that there was a clinical trial a year or so ago specifically designed to see the effect of anti-PD1 in patients who had failed or progressed on ipi. Any one know how it worked out?

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        JerryfromFauq
        Participant

Last I heard it is still underway.  I know that as of last month Dr Weber was still taking people in on it.

Pink
            Participant

I am having treatment at Moffitt with SRS for small brain mets and Ipi for the systemic ones. They have mentioned PD1 if this did not work so I would say the trial is still going on.

Pink
              Participant

I am having treatment at Moffitt with SRS for small brain mets and Ipi for the systemic ones. They have mentioned PD1 if this did not work so I would say the trial is still going on.

Pink
                Participant

Michelem
                  Participant

My husband started ipi this week. We were told that the PD-1 trial is very promising but that it is closed. I saw another thread here on that topic – a person who was very much hoping for PD-1 but could not get into the trial.  Are these trials totally centralized? Or could it be that the SF trial is closed but PD-1 trials elsewhere are open?

Michelem
                    Participant

My husband started ipi this week. We were told that the PD-1 trial is very promising but that it is closed. I saw another thread here on that topic – a person who was very much hoping for PD-1 but could not get into the trial.  Are these trials totally centralized? Or could it be that the SF trial is closed but PD-1 trials elsewhere are open?

Michelem
                      Participant

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

Last I heard it is still underway.  I know that as of last month Dr Weber was still taking people in on it.

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

Hstevens0072
                          Participant

I progressed on Ipi then started MK3475 last June – all tumors except one are gone and the one remaing is 82% smaller.  No side effects except for a non-itchy rash ๐Ÿ™‚

Hstevens0072
                            Participant

I progressed on Ipi then started MK3475 last June – all tumors except one are gone and the one remaing is 82% smaller.  No side effects except for a non-itchy rash ๐Ÿ™‚

Hstevens0072
                              Participant

benp
                                Participant

You can add my anecdotal report to the list – I failed Ipi, just had my week 39 infusion of MK-3475, all looking pretty good. I had initial regression, and now stable disease.

benp
                                  Participant

You can add my anecdotal report to the list – I failed Ipi, just had my week 39 infusion of MK-3475, all looking pretty good. I had initial regression, and now stable disease.

benp
                                    Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics