The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Another Yervoy Question

Forums General Melanoma Community Another Yervoy Question

Participant

My husband had his first round of Yervoy nine days ago.  Honestly, one of the lumps on his neck began to change 2 – 3 days later and appeared to have gotten smaller.  I thought he was having an amazing response since I understand that this treatment takes awhile to work.  Since then, it enlarges a bit, then shrinks a bit from day to day.  What are your thoughts on this?  I guess I'm grasping at straws looking for some hope.  This board has been such a help to me.

My husband had his first round of Yervoy nine days ago.  Honestly, one of the lumps on his neck began to change 2 – 3 days later and appeared to have gotten smaller.  I thought he was having an amazing response since I understand that this treatment takes awhile to work.  Since then, it enlarges a bit, then shrinks a bit from day to day.  What are your thoughts on this?  I guess I'm grasping at straws looking for some hope.  This board has been such a help to me.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jcmp
        Participant

Hi,

My husband just finished his last round of Yervoy about a week and a half ago.  He has scans in three weeks.  Since he does not have any visible tumors, we can't tell from the outside whether the drug is working.  However, he is feeling pretty good, and we are hopeful. 

My husband has been battling melanoma for 12 years.  Like you, I am always looking for hope.

Take care.

jcmp
          Participant

Hi,

My husband just finished his last round of Yervoy about a week and a half ago.  He has scans in three weeks.  Since he does not have any visible tumors, we can't tell from the outside whether the drug is working.  However, he is feeling pretty good, and we are hopeful. 

My husband has been battling melanoma for 12 years.  Like you, I am always looking for hope.

Take care.

jcmp
            Participant

Hi,

Take care.

Josh
              Participant

Hey sjl,

My experience with Yervoy (and I understand from my doctors that I was in the minority) was that it started working within a few days of me starting. I had all sorts of symptoms before starting the drug, and many disappeared within the first week of Yervoy. Here's hoping that your husband is undergoing a similar response!

Best of luck!

Josh

Josh
                Participant

Hey sjl,

My experience with Yervoy (and I understand from my doctors that I was in the minority) was that it started working within a few days of me starting. I had all sorts of symptoms before starting the drug, and many disappeared within the first week of Yervoy. Here's hoping that your husband is undergoing a similar response!

Best of luck!

Josh

Josh
                  Participant

Hey sjl,

Best of luck!

Josh

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics