The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Another trial option opening up

Forums General Melanoma Community Another trial option opening up

Participant
      Hello folks,
      Those who have been following my posts can relate but I will give a summary again
      Mom diagnosed with Vaginal melanoma Oct 2018 with metastsis to lymph nodes.
      Surgery done to remove vaginal tumor.
      Started Opdivo/Nivo Feb 6 ,2019 , Stable scans in May
      August scans reveal two 1×1 cm lesions in liver
      Sept 2019 started Ipi and Nivo combo.
      Nov 2019 3rd dose of ipi/nivo
      Severe colitis and hospitalization
      dec 2019 scans again show tumor growth to 4 cm and more new lesions in liver
      Jan 2019 , PET CT shows tumor grown to 7 cm
      Melanoma doc at UCSF proposed trial Xmab20717 ( basically ipi/nivo with a different delivery way)
      Radiation oncologist offered Y90 radio embolisation to liver
      CPMC Melanoma doc is proposing another Trial https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03925350 basically a trial for Niraparib ( never heard of it before )

Now ..the real dilemma
      Melanoma doc at UCSF wants to giver her ipi/nivo again with Y90 to see if it helps. ( Ipi/nivo gave her colitis and actually we saw disease progression after that )
      Melanoma doc at CPMC wants to try the Niraparib as she hs a ATR mutation and Niraparib seemed to be promising for this mutation in Ovarian cancer patients and is more targeted.

As I have not heard of anybody on this board talking any of these. I am updating as well as seeking advice on what you feel should be a reasonable choice here.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics