The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Another skull crack coming up :)

Forums General Melanoma Community Another skull crack coming up :)

Participant

Not around often these days- I've found it's better for my health if I remain only a rare visitor ๐Ÿ˜›

Just a heads up for those interested. Had scan yesterday, am getting organised today, flying back tomorrow and having another craniotomy Thursday (Oz time). Feeling very happy and relaxed about it all. Looks like it will be a re-excision of a previous right frontal tumour, so hopefully same bone flap will be used and I can keep my separate sites limited to 6 (ROFL!)

Not around often these days- I've found it's better for my health if I remain only a rare visitor ๐Ÿ˜›

Just a heads up for those interested. Had scan yesterday, am getting organised today, flying back tomorrow and having another craniotomy Thursday (Oz time). Feeling very happy and relaxed about it all. Looks like it will be a re-excision of a previous right frontal tumour, so hopefully same bone flap will be used and I can keep my separate sites limited to 6 (ROFL!)

Biggest concern is that they don't make my eyebrows uneven. They fixed them last time, so let's cross fingers that they keep them where they are ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes, that will make 7 separate surgeries for craniotomy, and a total of 9 times opened up. The timing is fantastic, as I will be well healed and free(ish) of headaches for Georgia's first dance concert and school presentation concert in a few weeks.

They are concerned that they are finding it difficult to find stable areas to screw in the frame (it's the soccer ball effect of my head). I've suggested that I am doing them a favour by keeping them on their toes and helping them develop their problem-solving skills. I think that's important in the medical profession, don't you? That will leave me with 4? in there, but they aren't causing symptoms so I'm not bothered. We're pretty limited to one at a time thanks to my unstable skull, so it's all about prioritising.

Meanwhile, getting my things together and logistics organised… and feeling rather smug that I'm still ahead of JAG in the craniotomy stakes ๐Ÿ˜›

See you on the flip side!

Nic xxx

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        washoegal
        Participant

Glad to see you have such a wonderful attitude!  With that you've already won.

washoegal
          Participant

Glad to see you have such a wonderful attitude!  With that you've already won.

lhaley
            Participant

Nic,

Hate to see you going through this again but with your attitude you are miles ahead of all of us!!  Keep those Doctors on their toes!

While their prepping you for the surgery think of Georgia dancing!

Linda

lhaley
              Participant

Nic,

Hate to see you going through this again but with your attitude you are miles ahead of all of us!!  Keep those Doctors on their toes!

While their prepping you for the surgery think of Georgia dancing!

Linda

James from Sydney
                Participant

Hi Nic

Maybe you can get into the Guinness Book of Records for most Craniotomies.

Thinking of you.

James

James from Sydney
                  Participant

Hi Nic

Maybe you can get into the Guinness Book of Records for most Craniotomies.

Thinking of you.

James

Carmon in NM
                    Participant

The absolute best to you for a smooth and uncomplicated surgery and good problem solving docs!

I will never, ever, ever complain about my one craniotomy and all of the scars, lumps and bumps ever again! Here's hoping you make it to that dance recital with bells on…Carmon in NM

Carmon in NM
                      Participant

The absolute best to you for a smooth and uncomplicated surgery and good problem solving docs!

I will never, ever, ever complain about my one craniotomy and all of the scars, lumps and bumps ever again! Here's hoping you make it to that dance recital with bells on…Carmon in NM

Bonnie Lea
                        Participant

Oh Nic, and neither will I complain about my lumpy bumpy shunt with built in PUMP that they delight inn pressing to see if it works.  (me thinks its like a gravy baster for the brain)

no craniotomy  but my peacey self goes with you. 

Bonnie Lea

Bonnie Lea
                          Participant

Oh Nic, and neither will I complain about my lumpy bumpy shunt with built in PUMP that they delight inn pressing to see if it works.  (me thinks its like a gravy baster for the brain)

no craniotomy  but my peacey self goes with you. 

Bonnie Lea

BarbieGirl
                            Participant

Nic, pleassssssse don't get in a craniotomy contest with JAG.. he ain't got much brain left!!  *laughing–luv ya, JAG*

I am sorry to hear you're having to do this again, but I'm hoping it will relieve your headaches!   Will be looking for an update!  *hugz*

~Lisa~

BarbieGirl
                              Participant

Nic, pleassssssse don't get in a craniotomy contest with JAG.. he ain't got much brain left!!  *laughing–luv ya, JAG*

I am sorry to hear you're having to do this again, but I'm hoping it will relieve your headaches!   Will be looking for an update!  *hugz*

~Lisa~

debbieVA
                                Participant

Nic….

Go kick some serious A$$  JAG has nothing on you….and YOU are way cuter, eyebrows or not….

Wishing you the best….rapid recovery and a successful dance Recital for Georgia.  

Will keep you in my prayers….

Debbie Stage 4 NED

debbieVA
                                  Participant

Nic….

Go kick some serious A$$  JAG has nothing on you….and YOU are way cuter, eyebrows or not….

Wishing you the best….rapid recovery and a successful dance Recital for Georgia.  

Will keep you in my prayers….

Debbie Stage 4 NED

jag
                                    Participant

Nic, best of luck to you.  Will keep my fingers crossed.

Love

John

jag
                                      Participant

Nic, best of luck to you.  Will keep my fingers crossed.

Love

John

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics