The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Another Round of IL-2 for Mike

Forums General Melanoma Community Another Round of IL-2 for Mike

Participant

Today was Mike's day to return to Karmanos for another week of IL-2. This will be his final week of treatments for awhile. Doctor seems to think he is responding well to the drug with minimul side effects.

Today was Mike's day to return to Karmanos for another week of IL-2. This will be his final week of treatments for awhile. Doctor seems to think he is responding well to the drug with minimul side effects.

When this week is done Doctor says it is best for us to wait and watch since the IL-2 can take awhile to work. Has anyone else been told the same thing? One thing I have learned over the last six months or so is that this beast is something that is always on or atleast in the back of your mind. With Mike and I being told back in February that he had less than a year to survive, I'd  say we are ahead of the game somewhat. What a blessing for us.

We are hoping to be able to enjoy the rest of the MI summer hoping Mike will feel much stronger and not as tired so we will be able to enjoy some sort of get a way which we very much need.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Rebecca and Bob
        Participant

Deb,

One of my husbands tumors in the lung stayed the same for a year, until they finally removed it and it was necrotic. I hope that your Mike has great results next scans. Nothing new showing up and shrinking or staying the same is always good. Keep your hopes up.

I pray you both get great news next time. Good luck on the IL-2 round. My husband had a tough time the second time in with his blood pressure.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
          Participant

Deb,

One of my husbands tumors in the lung stayed the same for a year, until they finally removed it and it was necrotic. I hope that your Mike has great results next scans. Nothing new showing up and shrinking or staying the same is always good. Keep your hopes up.

I pray you both get great news next time. Good luck on the IL-2 round. My husband had a tough time the second time in with his blood pressure.

Rebecca

MariaH
            Participant

All our best for the next round for the both of you.  We're thinking of you – you have been such an inspiration to others facing IL-2.

Best wishes,

Maria & Dave

MariaH
              Participant

All our best for the next round for the both of you.  We're thinking of you – you have been such an inspiration to others facing IL-2.

Best wishes,

Maria & Dave

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

Sounds very good, while we always want the NED word, this sounds good.  Seems you were give a longer prognosis than I was in Feb 2007 (uo to 6 months).  In April 2008 I was moving a daughters household into the Rockies.   Thanks to a few weeks if IL-2.  Doesn't always take a long time for IL-2 to start working, but it can keep working for a l ong term.I would say to enjoy your summer and get a CT scn in the fall, then decide when to take the 3rd round.  I would urge the Doctor to plan to conduct the third round at a later date.

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

Sounds very good, while we always want the NED word, this sounds good.  Seems you were give a longer prognosis than I was in Feb 2007 (uo to 6 months).  In April 2008 I was moving a daughters household into the Rockies.   Thanks to a few weeks if IL-2.  Doesn't always take a long time for IL-2 to start working, but it can keep working for a l ong term.I would say to enjoy your summer and get a CT scn in the fall, then decide when to take the 3rd round.  I would urge the Doctor to plan to conduct the third round at a later date.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics