The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Another melanoma angel — Janet

Forums General Melanoma Community Another melanoma angel — Janet

Participant

Hello everyone,

I'm sure you all remember Janet from the UK who recently underwent WBR to treat a single brain met. I believe she also had it in her stomach. Well, I received a personal email from her friend Cynthia, saying that Janet had been admitted in a hospice facility. Tonight I received this second email from Cynthia:

Hello everyone,

I'm sure you all remember Janet from the UK who recently underwent WBR to treat a single brain met. I believe she also had it in her stomach. Well, I received a personal email from her friend Cynthia, saying that Janet had been admitted in a hospice facility. Tonight I received this second email from Cynthia:

Hello Sharyn
      It is with sadness that I have to tell you that Janet died today peacefully in the hospice with her family beside her.
      She was a very brave lady who loved life and fought the cancer to the end, sadly the last treatment did not have the desired outcome for her.
      I hope you continue to make good progress and so glad it worked for you.
      I think Janet felt if she tried some thing rather than letting things happen then she was in control.
      Best wishes
      Cynthia  

I just thought you would all want to know.

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

May Janet rest in peace and know that she fought as hard as she could.  Thank you for letting us know Sharyn.

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

May Janet rest in peace and know that she fought as hard as she could.  Thank you for letting us know Sharyn.

Linda

ValinMtl
            Participant

Thanks for the note.  So sad to lose another valiant warrior. She is at peace now and safe from the monster.  It's been a very difficult few weeks. Val

ValinMtl
              Participant

Thanks for the note.  So sad to lose another valiant warrior. She is at peace now and safe from the monster.  It's been a very difficult few weeks. Val

Tim–MRF

Sharyn:

Thank you for posting this information.  So sad to hear this about Janet.  We have lost far too many good people this  year.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Sharyn:

Thank you for posting this information.  So sad to hear this about Janet.  We have lost far too many good people this  year.

Tim–MRF

NancyGM
                    Participant

I, too, recieved an e-mail from Janet's friend. Janet and I "met" on mpip and had been e-mail pen pal's for the last 4 years- since we both progressed to stage IV. She was a lovely person. I so enjoyed our correspondences that got our minds off melanoma. I had hoped to meet her someday, but never made that trip overseas. Janet was very brave and compassionate and I will miss her. My heart goes out to her family.

NancyGM
                      Participant

I, too, recieved an e-mail from Janet's friend. Janet and I "met" on mpip and had been e-mail pen pal's for the last 4 years- since we both progressed to stage IV. She was a lovely person. I so enjoyed our correspondences that got our minds off melanoma. I had hoped to meet her someday, but never made that trip overseas. Janet was very brave and compassionate and I will miss her. My heart goes out to her family.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics