The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Another good scan

Forums General Melanoma Community Another good scan

Participant

Hi Everyone,

Hi Everyone,

I read everybody's posts regularly, but dont often post myself. Just an update on my hubby Craig who progressed to stage four 2 years ago (1 Dec 2010), after being stage three for about 3 years. Latest set of scans are clear after having been on Z (GSK phase 3) for 96 weeks. Hopefully this provides some hope to those newly diagnosed and starting Z – I know everyone wont have such a response, but I find it so encouraging that some people CAN have this response. It is a nice relief to be able to look forward to chrissy and our upcoming 1 year wedding anniversary ๐Ÿ™‚

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy Christmas, all the way from sunny Perth

Lisa

xx

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

Thanks for sharing the good news about Craig. It really is nice to know that people do have a sustained (perhaps even  permanent?) response to Zelboraf. Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary!

POW
          Participant

Thanks for sharing the good news about Craig. It really is nice to know that people do have a sustained (perhaps even  permanent?) response to Zelboraf. Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary!

POW
            Participant

James from Sydney
              Participant

Hey Lisa,  best wishes to you and Craig on your Anniversary  i am so happy for both of you. Keep up the good news!

James

NYKaren
                  Participant

Great news, Lisa. 

Happy Anniversary, and continued good wishes for positive response.

Karen

NYKaren
                    Participant

Great news, Lisa. 

Karen

NYKaren
                      Participant

Lisa, I forgot to ask, is the dose that Craig is on the same as what's on the market?

thanks,

karen

NYKaren
                        Participant

Lisa, I forgot to ask, is the dose that Craig is on the same as what's on the market?

thanks,

karen

Lisa – Aust
                          Participant

Hi Karen,

Craig is on 2 x 75 mg tablets twice daily – im not sure about what is on the market??

Thanks for the wishes ๐Ÿ™‚

Lisa – Aust
                            Participant

Hi Karen,

Craig is on 2 x 75 mg tablets twice daily – im not sure about what is on the market??

Lisa – Aust
                              Participant

Hi Karen,

NYKaren
                                Participant

thanks,

karen

NYKaren
                                  Participant

thanks,

karen

NYKaren
                                    Participant

thanks,

karen

NYKaren
                                      Participant

thanks,

karen

NYKaren
                                        Participant

Great news, Lisa. 

Karen

Lisa – Aust
                                          Participant

Hi James,

I think of you often, and hope that you and your family are going ok. Thanks for the wishes, we have been so lucky with Craigs response, and are grateful everyday.

Take care ๐Ÿ™‚

Lisa – Aust
                                            Participant

Hi James,

I think of you often, and hope that you and your family are going ok. Thanks for the wishes, we have been so lucky with Craigs response, and are grateful everyday.

Take care ๐Ÿ™‚

Lisa – Aust
                                              Participant

Hi James,

Take care ๐Ÿ™‚

James from Sydney
                                              Participant

Hey Lisa,  best wishes to you and Craig on your Anniversary  i am so happy for both of you. Keep up the good news!

James

James from Sydney
                                                Participant

James

AllyNTAus
                                                  Participant

Thanks for posting yet another inspiring message Lisa, wonderful to hear that Craig is still going so well.

I am not yet to 12 months on the GSK BRAF inhibitor, but I am told I am now past the statistical median of progression-free survival, so I am dearly hoping that I will be another like Craig who extends the stats! I have only 3 remaining clinically significant lymph nodes as at my November scan, next scan in January, after which I will actually be in Perth for a few days as part of a big road trip to see lots of family and friends scattered around the country.

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and fantastic wedding anniversary.

Ally

AllyNTAus
                                                    Participant

Thanks for posting yet another inspiring message Lisa, wonderful to hear that Craig is still going so well.

I am not yet to 12 months on the GSK BRAF inhibitor, but I am told I am now past the statistical median of progression-free survival, so I am dearly hoping that I will be another like Craig who extends the stats! I have only 3 remaining clinically significant lymph nodes as at my November scan, next scan in January, after which I will actually be in Perth for a few days as part of a big road trip to see lots of family and friends scattered around the country.

Ally

deardad
                                                        Participant

Hi great news about Craig…..it's such a relief to hear those words and encouraging for others living with this disease. Take care and happy wedding anniversary!!

x Nahmi

deardad
                                                          Participant

Hi great news about Craig…..it's such a relief to hear those words and encouraging for others living with this disease. Take care and happy wedding anniversary!!

x Nahmi

deardad
                                                            Participant

x Nahmi

Lisa – Aust
                                                              Participant

Hi Nahmi,

Thanks for your message, I hope you are doing ok. Its a huge relief for us too when we get those results. The longer we go, the more stressful it is, as I guess we know at 'some' point, it will be back. But at the same time, we are very grateful, and will keep riding the wave as long as possible!

Merry Christmas xx

Lisa – Aust
                                                                Participant

Hi Nahmi,

Thanks for your message, I hope you are doing ok. Its a huge relief for us too when we get those results. The longer we go, the more stressful it is, as I guess we know at 'some' point, it will be back. But at the same time, we are very grateful, and will keep riding the wave as long as possible!

Merry Christmas xx

Lisa – Aust
                                                                  Participant

Hi Nahmi,

Merry Christmas xx

Lisa – Aust
                                                                    Participant

Hi Ally,

Great to hear that you are also having excellent results with Z! You have to think with the amazing response many people have, 'they' are onto something! Hopefully unlocking the rest of it VERY soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great trip and enjoy Perth. Im not sure if you have had any contact with Clint Heal from Melanoma WA, but he is a great person to get in contact with if you have time while you are here. His details are on the melanomawa website. Very inspirational and supportive. He runs a support group down here, ususally on a Thurs evening – you never know, it might coincide with your trip.

Merry Xmas to you too

Lisa

Lisa – Aust
                                                                      Participant

Hi Ally,

Great to hear that you are also having excellent results with Z! You have to think with the amazing response many people have, 'they' are onto something! Hopefully unlocking the rest of it VERY soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great trip and enjoy Perth. Im not sure if you have had any contact with Clint Heal from Melanoma WA, but he is a great person to get in contact with if you have time while you are here. His details are on the melanomawa website. Very inspirational and supportive. He runs a support group down here, ususally on a Thurs evening – you never know, it might coincide with your trip.

Merry Xmas to you too

Lisa

Lisa – Aust
                                                                        Participant

Hi Ally,

Merry Xmas to you too

Lisa

AllyNTAus
                                                                        Participant

Ally

SidneyGracie
                                                                          Participant

Thank you for the inspiring news about Zelboraf and durability.  Craigs dosage seems so low compared to my husbands which is 4 – 240 mg pills twice a day.  Merry Christmas!

Lisa – Aust
                                                                              Participant

Hi,

Yeah, this might be because they are different trials – is your husband on the Roche trial?

Slight differences as far as I know, but all hopefully doing the same thing!

Thanks for your reply, have a great Chrissy

Lisa+

Lisa – Aust
                                                                                Participant

Hi,

Yeah, this might be because they are different trials – is your husband on the Roche trial?

Lisa+

Lisa – Aust
                                                                                  Participant

Hi,

Lisa+

SidneyGracie
                                                                                  Participant

Thank you for the inspiring news about Zelboraf and durability.  Craigs dosage seems so low compared to my husbands which is 4 – 240 mg pills twice a day.  Merry Christmas!

SidneyGracie
                                                                                    Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics