The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Annual Check Up

Forums Caregiver Community Annual Check Up

Participant

Closing in on my 7 year point after the stage 3B  diagnosis.  Yesterday's X-Ray of chest looks clear from report and next week I visit to UPMC for followup.  As far as I know I am NED.

Wanted to post to share some hope with my fellow patients as they await scans and X-Rays and other tests

Still taking my assortment of supplements.

All the best to all patients and caregivers

Mike from NJ

Closing in on my 7 year point after the stage 3B  diagnosis.  Yesterday's X-Ray of chest looks clear from report and next week I visit to UPMC for followup.  As far as I know I am NED.

Wanted to post to share some hope with my fellow patients as they await scans and X-Rays and other tests

Still taking my assortment of supplements.

All the best to all patients and caregivers

Mike from NJ

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        MichaelFL
        Participant

Congratulations, and thanks for popping in. 7 years and holding at 3b is great.

Makes me feel better too, as I remember you were initially diagnosed as stage 1a, as I was before being moved to stage 1b.

Melanoma does indeed change your life as one always wonders…..

Michael

MichaelFL
          Participant

Congratulations, and thanks for popping in. 7 years and holding at 3b is great.

Makes me feel better too, as I remember you were initially diagnosed as stage 1a, as I was before being moved to stage 1b.

Melanoma does indeed change your life as one always wonders…..

Michael

DebbieH
            Participant

Congratulations Mike – may you be NED forever!

Deb

DebbieH
              Participant

Congratulations Mike – may you be NED forever!

Deb

lhaley
                Participant

Thanks for posting your great news!

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

Thanks for posting your great news!

Linda

dian in spokane
                    Participant

Mike,

Such great news! I remember all those many hours we spent in chat. You used to be so worried about a recurrence.. I wonder if the long time you've been NED has helped reduce those concerns for you at last?

I am so happy you are having continued good health!

dian

dian in spokane
                      Participant

Mike,

Such great news! I remember all those many hours we spent in chat. You used to be so worried about a recurrence.. I wonder if the long time you've been NED has helped reduce those concerns for you at last?

I am so happy you are having continued good health!

dian

King
                        Participant

Mike,

Great to hear from you and congratulations!!!  Seven years NED……celebrate big!  In some ways it seems like yesterday and in other ways it seems like a lifetime ago, that we were getting used to a melanoma diagnosis.  We had a lot of fun in the Chat Room back then.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                          Participant

Mike,

Great to hear from you and congratulations!!!  Seven years NED……celebrate big!  In some ways it seems like yesterday and in other ways it seems like a lifetime ago, that we were getting used to a melanoma diagnosis.  We had a lot of fun in the Chat Room back then.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Viewing 9 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics