The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Anal Melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Anal Melanoma

Participant

Does anyone have this or know of someone.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        TeoFriendly
        Participant

Hi.

I registered this site just now, especially to answer you.

I have some  research on this type of cancer.

Friends mother has been diagnosed with non-pigmented anal melanoma April 2015.  Stage 3

6 Week of preoperative radiotherapy has very little effect. (Preoperative radiotherapy for melanoma was very big mistake of the doctors)

No radical surgery has been performed.  Only the tumour itself has been removed transanally, to prevent bowel obstruction.  Surgeon has not removed part of rectum or lymph nodes. This was the second big mistake.    Radical surgery was the best choice, 

Patient has suffered sharp pain for months.

6 weeks of postoperative chemotherapy was administrated.   (Immunotherapy would be better option rather than chemotherapy i think)

Although alternative therapy does not work well always, this patient started agressively garlic and turmeric consumption.   And recently she reported that she is feeling much more better day by day.  Let us wait and see what happens. 

Although this patient received the worst combination of treatments, at least 10 month later from initial diagnosis, she is still metastasis free, and no more tumour growth in the rectum.

If you are diagnosed with anal melanoma, the first thing is to evaluate the stage.   Radical surgery is the only curative treatment at early stages.   As a postoperative therapy , I would recommed  immunotherapy such as interferon or interleukin instead of chemotherapy. 

Postoperative radiotherapy can aslo been performed as a clinical trial.

Since biologically, melanoma cell had more mutations compared to other cancerous cells,  melanoma is more immunosensitive. So if you can somehow stimulate your immune system, you can deal with this type of cancer.

Last but not least,  do not focus on survival statistics you may find from the internet.   Focus on your treatment and beat the cancer ๐Ÿ™‚

SueGeorge
            Participant

My husband is suffering from melanoma, does this spread ?

SueGeorge
              Participant

SueGeorge
                Participant

TeoFriendly
                Participant

Hi.

Friends mother has been diagnosed with non-pigmented anal melanoma April 2015.  Stage 3

6 Week of preoperative radiotherapy has very little effect. (Preoperative radiotherapy for melanoma was very big mistake of the doctors)

No radical surgery has been performed.  Only the tumour itself has been removed transanally, to prevent bowel obstruction.  Surgeon has not removed part of rectum or lymph nodes. This was the second big mistake.    Radical surgery was the best choice, 

6 weeks of postoperative chemotherapy was administrated.   (Immunotherapy would be better option rather than chemotherapy i think)

Although alternative therapy does not work well always, this patient started agressively garlic and turmeric consumption.   And recently she reported that she is feeling much more better day by day.  Let us wait and see what happens. 

Although this patient received the worst combination of treatments, at least 10 month later from initial diagnosis, she is still metastasis free, and no more tumour growth in the rectum.

If you are diagnosed with anal melanoma, the first thing is to evaluate the stage.   Radical surgery is the only curative treatment at early stages.   As a postoperative therapy , I would recommed  immunotherapy such as interferon or interleukin instead of chemotherapy. 

Since biologically, melanoma cell had more mutations compared to other cancerous cells,  melanoma is more immunosensitive. So if you can somehow stimulate your immune system, you can deal with this type of cancer.

Last but not least,  do not focus on survival statistics you may find from the internet.   Focus on your treatment and beat the cancer ๐Ÿ™‚

TeoFriendly
                  Participant

Hi.

Viewing 2 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics