The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Amy Willett

Forums General Melanoma Community Amy Willett

Participant

Amy passed away this morning.  She was a most active member of this Forum in the last three years bringing strength and consolation to many, not only of our number, but as her Facebook page attests to many, many friends and family members, particularly in Nashville her home.  Amy was a strong woman of great faith, also full of love and good humor. Much of who she was and is can be found at her blog, nashvegasmom.wordpress.com. It's very worth the reading.  One of the great blessings in my own battle with melanoma has been getting to know her well though only on line in a relationship that began on this Forum.  I will miss her very much.  She leaves behind her her mother, brother and sister, husband Alan, and three young children.  Her father died of melanoma four years ago, and she was happiest that her own disease did not start until he was gone.  Her deepest belief was though she in no way wanted to leave her beloved family and friends that if it was God's will then she was on board with that all the way and that she could do even more for us from her home with Him.  I believe she will indeed. 

Frank

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        NYKaren
        Participant

Thank you, Frank. I know Amy is finally free of pain and that her faith and love will comfort Alan and their young children. Some people are just so special, and Amy was one of them. She will be missed. 

karen

NYKaren
          Participant

Thank you, Frank. I know Amy is finally free of pain and that her faith and love will comfort Alan and their young children. Some people are just so special, and Amy was one of them. She will be missed. 

karen

NYKaren
            Participant

karen

nancyg
              Participant

Prayers for her and her family… So sad

Nancy

tschmith
                  Participant

My prayers are with Amy's family at this difficult time.  May she rest in peace.

tschmith
                    Participant

My prayers are with Amy's family at this difficult time.  May she rest in peace.

tschmith
                      Participant

nancyg
                      Participant

Nancy

nancyg
                        Participant

Nancy

susanr
                          Participant

So sorry about Amy.  I to enjoyed her posts esp. during my battle for my brother.  She had great words of wisdom and strength.  My thoughts and prayers are with your family.  I am sure she will continue to be strong for all melanoma angels and support them in heaven.

Susan

susanr
                            Participant

So sorry about Amy.  I to enjoyed her posts esp. during my battle for my brother.  She had great words of wisdom and strength.  My thoughts and prayers are with your family.  I am sure she will continue to be strong for all melanoma angels and support them in heaven.

Susan

susanr
                              Participant

Susan

kpcollins31
                                Participant

Really sorry to hear this. Leaving children behind really hits home. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                  Participant

Really sorry to hear this. Leaving children behind really hits home. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Kevin

Brendan
                                      Participant

Rest in peace, Amy.

Brendan
                                        Participant

Rest in peace, Amy.

Brendan
                                          Participant

Rest in peace, Amy.

kpcollins31
                                          Participant

Kevin

Swanee
                                            Participant

This is a sad day for our MPIP family.  Many thanks to you Frank for providing us with the update and lovely insightful details of our dear friend's life and fellow melanoma warrior, who has fought her battle with great courage, dignity and determination.

Amy feels  like an old longtime friend whom I've shared many  hugs with, yet I've never physically met her. Amy was so generous with her time and touched so many lives here, sharing her journey and helping others with theirs. All her posts were full of optimism and hope and Amy was acutely aware of her precious time on earth and wasted none of it with self pity or woe is me!

Amy made her battle look easy, but one only needs to read her profile to see how difficult her battle really was. Amy was a constant beacon of hope and strength and always presented a positive vision to any situation. Most of all, her humor was to be enjoyed, she always found a funny side to things, regardless of how dismal her situation, she intuitively always saw the brighter side of things.  Amy had a genuine love for life that was unaffected by her melanoma diagnosis, she lived everyday like it would be her last and found greatest  pleasure in the smallest and quietest moments of everyday life.

Amy will be truly missed but will always be remembered by  those who were blessed to know her. 

Sending Blessings of comfort and healing to her family and friends.

Swanee

Swanee
                                              Participant

This is a sad day for our MPIP family.  Many thanks to you Frank for providing us with the update and lovely insightful details of our dear friend's life and fellow melanoma warrior, who has fought her battle with great courage, dignity and determination.

Amy feels  like an old longtime friend whom I've shared many  hugs with, yet I've never physically met her. Amy was so generous with her time and touched so many lives here, sharing her journey and helping others with theirs. All her posts were full of optimism and hope and Amy was acutely aware of her precious time on earth and wasted none of it with self pity or woe is me!

Amy made her battle look easy, but one only needs to read her profile to see how difficult her battle really was. Amy was a constant beacon of hope and strength and always presented a positive vision to any situation. Most of all, her humor was to be enjoyed, she always found a funny side to things, regardless of how dismal her situation, she intuitively always saw the brighter side of things.  Amy had a genuine love for life that was unaffected by her melanoma diagnosis, she lived everyday like it would be her last and found greatest  pleasure in the smallest and quietest moments of everyday life.

Amy will be truly missed but will always be remembered by  those who were blessed to know her. 

Swanee

buffcody
                                                  Participant

A beautiful tribute to Amy and right on the mark.  Thank you Swanee.  Her funeral will be Wednesday in Nashville.

buffcody
                                                    Participant

A beautiful tribute to Amy and right on the mark.  Thank you Swanee.  Her funeral will be Wednesday in Nashville.

Swanee
                                                      Participant

Thank You Frank, for your update.  I will plan on posting on Wednesday an "old fashioned bell ringing" in honor of our friend so we can all celebrate  Amy's life!  I've been reading her blog (thank you for directing us there) and  all her previous posts (as I have missed many) and  what an extraordinary wonderful person Amy was, so much life in her!  I read a comment in one of her blog entries that talked about living life and how some of us live life so fully each moment…..it's not about the quanity but the quality, I think Amy over exemplified that statement!  I feel confident, she's left behind such a legacy of living, it will see her family through and sustain them through these dark hours as they adjust to their new life without her physical presence.  I know she will be even stronger in the spiritual sense and will be ever present with them.

Swanee

Swanee
                                                        Participant

Thank You Frank, for your update.  I will plan on posting on Wednesday an "old fashioned bell ringing" in honor of our friend so we can all celebrate  Amy's life!  I've been reading her blog (thank you for directing us there) and  all her previous posts (as I have missed many) and  what an extraordinary wonderful person Amy was, so much life in her!  I read a comment in one of her blog entries that talked about living life and how some of us live life so fully each moment…..it's not about the quanity but the quality, I think Amy over exemplified that statement!  I feel confident, she's left behind such a legacy of living, it will see her family through and sustain them through these dark hours as they adjust to their new life without her physical presence.  I know she will be even stronger in the spiritual sense and will be ever present with them.

Swanee

Swanee
                                                          Participant

Swanee

buffcody
                                                            Participant

Swanee
                                                            Participant

Swanee

JerryfromFauq
                                                              Participant

A very special lady that will be missed.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                                                  Participant

Tina D
                                                                    Participant

I was blessed to have met Amy on here 1 1/2 to 2 yrs ago. She became one of my very dearest friends. She encouraged, inspired, empathised, motivated, comforted and loved. When needed, she advocated! It was largely because of her that I am in the PD1 trial at Vandy, and seeing her Dr there. She visited with me most every visit I had there. I am only even beginning to realize just how deep this loss is for me, and can not even begin to imagine the grief for her family. She had a sure hope in Heaven and spoke openly about her faith. She frequently reminded me that "either way, we win". She was a true warrior and friend, and I will miss her so very much. 

Tina

Tina D
                                                                      Participant

I was blessed to have met Amy on here 1 1/2 to 2 yrs ago. She became one of my very dearest friends. She encouraged, inspired, empathised, motivated, comforted and loved. When needed, she advocated! It was largely because of her that I am in the PD1 trial at Vandy, and seeing her Dr there. She visited with me most every visit I had there. I am only even beginning to realize just how deep this loss is for me, and can not even begin to imagine the grief for her family. She had a sure hope in Heaven and spoke openly about her faith. She frequently reminded me that "either way, we win". She was a true warrior and friend, and I will miss her so very much. 

Tina

Tina D
                                                                        Participant

Tina

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics