The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Amy Busby updates.

Forums General Melanoma Community Amy Busby updates.

Participant

All, this information is taken from Amy's Facebook page –  Please continue to keep her and her family in your prayers.

Sunday May 8 –

Update… Amy is still fighting everyday. She is in a lot of pain but with frequent med changes she is able to manage. She is trying to enjoy this time with her family and friends. She wanted me to express her deepest apologies for being so far behind on personal emails and msgs and promises to get back soon. Amy sends her love and thanks to all.

All, this information is taken from Amy's Facebook page –  Please continue to keep her and her family in your prayers.

Sunday May 8 –

Update… Amy is still fighting everyday. She is in a lot of pain but with frequent med changes she is able to manage. She is trying to enjoy this time with her family and friends. She wanted me to express her deepest apologies for being so far behind on personal emails and msgs and promises to get back soon. Amy sends her love and thanks to all.

Wednesday May 11 –

Update– Amy is still fighting her pain is very high, but the hospice nurses are working around the clock to keep her comfortable and to try to help her get some rest. Her blood pressure has been low and her pulse high. She is "keeping her spirits up" and keeping us on our toes. Thank you all for your prayers and suppourt. 

Update– Amy is still fighting her pain is very high, but the hospice nurses are working around the clock to keep her comfortable and to try to help her get some rest. Her blood pressure has been low and her pulse high. She is "keeping her spirits up" and keeping us on our toes. Thank you all for your prayers and suppourt. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Charlie S
        Participant

Yeah, well, I talked for quite a while with Amy on Saturday, and she ain't dead.  It was movie night and while she was talking with me she was being a Mom and telling one kid not to kick the other and Dennis and her Dad were out on a Poker Tour Game.

Yes, her bone mets have made her docs  COMPELL her to stay off her feet so as not to aggravate things.  And being the plucky Amy that she is, she has not wanted to stay off her feet, but now knows that is the best way to keep the bone pain in line.

Amy is coherent, lucent, witty and has her snaps; yes she is weary, but do not think for one moment that she is some sardine laying in a can waiting to be processed…………..she is still on her game……………….struggling?  Yes, but she IS on her game.

Beleive me, Amy is far from dead…………….yes, she is struggling, yes she has Hospice Care, but you can bet my ass and hers that she is slugging her way through this.

So, before all the "good night irene'"", how about some Go Amy Go?

Damnit.

Charlie S

Diana W
            Participant

That's great news Charlie.  You are quite the team mate!  We all need a Charlie or two on our team!

Go AMY Go!! and God Bless you.

Diana W
              Participant

That's great news Charlie.  You are quite the team mate!  We all need a Charlie or two on our team!

Go AMY Go!! and God Bless you.

FormerCaregiver
                Participant

Thanks Charlie. It is a relief to hear that the situation with Amy is not as dire as it may
                  appear to be. From what I have read her condition is serious. However, she is a remarkable
                  melanoma warrior and I feel that she is fighting hard and is not ready to leave us just yet.

Go Amy Go!!!

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                  Participant

Thanks Charlie. It is a relief to hear that the situation with Amy is not as dire as it may
                    appear to be. From what I have read her condition is serious. However, she is a remarkable
                    melanoma warrior and I feel that she is fighting hard and is not ready to leave us just yet.

Go Amy Go!!!

Frank from Australia

Lori C
                    Participant

Am very glad to hear Amy is continuing to slug on through.   I remember when Art Buchwald went into a hospice facilty, he lived so long that they were going to have to kick him out for surviving!   Best to Amy & may she continue to slug for a long, long time.

Lori

Lori C
                      Participant

Am very glad to hear Amy is continuing to slug on through.   I remember when Art Buchwald went into a hospice facilty, he lived so long that they were going to have to kick him out for surviving!   Best to Amy & may she continue to slug for a long, long time.

Lori

Jerry from Cape Cod
                        Participant

Charlie,

Thanks for putting Amy's condition in perspective.  I view some of the others as family trying to be "too" nice and not tell it like it is.  You are one of the folks here who knows Amy the best and you always have been straigth with everyone. Sometimes a difficult place to be.

I've been saying this to myself everyday since I first "met" Amy

GO AMY GO!

Jerry from Cape Cod.

Jerry from Cape Cod
                          Participant

Charlie,

Thanks for putting Amy's condition in perspective.  I view some of the others as family trying to be "too" nice and not tell it like it is.  You are one of the folks here who knows Amy the best and you always have been straigth with everyone. Sometimes a difficult place to be.

I've been saying this to myself everyday since I first "met" Amy

GO AMY GO!

Jerry from Cape Cod.

JuleFL
                            Participant
                              Go Amy Go!!

You too, Charlie! Thank you for the update, my heart feels lighter today.

JuleFL
                              Participant
                                Go Amy Go!!

You too, Charlie! Thank you for the update, my heart feels lighter today.

Charlie S
                              Participant

Yeah, well, I talked for quite a while with Amy on Saturday, and she ain't dead.  It was movie night and while she was talking with me she was being a Mom and telling one kid not to kick the other and Dennis and her Dad were out on a Poker Tour Game.

Yes, her bone mets have made her docs  COMPELL her to stay off her feet so as not to aggravate things.  And being the plucky Amy that she is, she has not wanted to stay off her feet, but now knows that is the best way to keep the bone pain in line.

Amy is coherent, lucent, witty and has her snaps; yes she is weary, but do not think for one moment that she is some sardine laying in a can waiting to be processed…………..she is still on her game……………….struggling?  Yes, but she IS on her game.

Beleive me, Amy is far from dead…………….yes, she is struggling, yes she has Hospice Care, but you can bet my ass and hers that she is slugging her way through this.

So, before all the "good night irene'"", how about some Go Amy Go?

Damnit.

Charlie S

djpayn
                                Participant

Well then Charlie,

Maybe Amy should tell her FB "updaters" to stop putting it out there like she is at deaths door. Then maybe people wouldn't fear that she is so close to death. You can be mad and aggravated with the person who posted this on here, but in reality, it is not their fault.

They thought they were informing others who care about Amy that her condition was worsening. I can see how that would upset anyone, but not all of us are able to call Amy to verify these things.

I understand why you posted the way you did, but i think your aggression needs to be re-directed. If Amy is so spunky, maybe her caretakers should post a bit of that news instead.

Charlie S
                                    Participant

Anon, my words here are often seen by some here as stark, harsh and sometimes are misunderstood; and if you knew me in person, you would know there is quite the difference between me being agressive and me standing by a friend who is in the fight for their life……and you know, I know, her friends and family know and everyone here knows that indeed Amy IS in the fight of her life.

Her friends and family all have their way of coping and their perspective is from their own viewpoint and the best they know how; all from a point of love and concern for Amy.  I am neither mad at you, nor aggravated for those who care deeply for her, nor for those who post their view from what they perceive about her condition.  It's simply a matter of perspective.

One thing has always stood out about Amy through her years of posting here.  She has ALWAYS offered support, hope, encouragement, empathy and faced each day as it came with courage all the while stressing the importance of LIVING in the process……………………and she never has been into pity parties.

What I want to express is my admiration for Amy, her grace in confronting her disease, her unabiding beleif in her God, her absolute refusal to let melanoma completely control her life……………….she is still a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Neice and friend to many and she is still living her life…………….what some see as a turn for the worse is what she sees, and what I see as a complication of her livng.   And I can assure you that in this very moment, Amy is doing just that……………………LIVING.

In her own words "Melanoma may get me one day…………….but not today."……………..and it ain't today because she is still busy living.

Charlie S

Lori C
                                      Participant

Charlie, that is what I've always feared the most about cancer – that it would take away my ability to "just live" and turn me into a person who's sole focus was "fighting cancer".    What Amy, and Sharon in Reno, and certainly Will, taught me was that you don't have to give it that kind of autonomy & power.  You can keep on being who and what you are, even as necessary changes mean your life is different from what it was, from what you'd wish it to be.    Sharon's sense of humor and vivacity were untouched by the cancer, and during his last hospital stay, Will was still asking the meanings of words he was unsure of (he was forever trying to improve his vocabulary, struggling against his learning disabilities).  Amy is, as you pointed out, still living as a woman, wife, mom, etc. 

All our time is limited, after all, even if we aren't as acutely aware of it as when we are seriously ill.   It's as big a mistake to assume an unlimited future as it is to assume no future at all; we don't know, we can't control it, and in the end, it's not the most important thing.

Will taught me that whether living "in the moment" comes easily to you or not, it's the only reasonable and succssful approach to life, the only one that makes sense, and the only one that you can embrace fully regardless of your immediate predicaments.  Being able to focus on what matters most  – whether your life is in an easy and gentle season or you are in a foxhole under heavy fire – the people who can do it are the ones who, I think, have gotten a little peek at the master plan….Amy is certainly one of them.

Lori C
                                        Participant

Charlie, that is what I've always feared the most about cancer – that it would take away my ability to "just live" and turn me into a person who's sole focus was "fighting cancer".    What Amy, and Sharon in Reno, and certainly Will, taught me was that you don't have to give it that kind of autonomy & power.  You can keep on being who and what you are, even as necessary changes mean your life is different from what it was, from what you'd wish it to be.    Sharon's sense of humor and vivacity were untouched by the cancer, and during his last hospital stay, Will was still asking the meanings of words he was unsure of (he was forever trying to improve his vocabulary, struggling against his learning disabilities).  Amy is, as you pointed out, still living as a woman, wife, mom, etc. 

All our time is limited, after all, even if we aren't as acutely aware of it as when we are seriously ill.   It's as big a mistake to assume an unlimited future as it is to assume no future at all; we don't know, we can't control it, and in the end, it's not the most important thing.

Will taught me that whether living "in the moment" comes easily to you or not, it's the only reasonable and succssful approach to life, the only one that makes sense, and the only one that you can embrace fully regardless of your immediate predicaments.  Being able to focus on what matters most  – whether your life is in an easy and gentle season or you are in a foxhole under heavy fire – the people who can do it are the ones who, I think, have gotten a little peek at the master plan….Amy is certainly one of them.

Charlie S
                                          Participant

Anon, my words here are often seen by some here as stark, harsh and sometimes are misunderstood; and if you knew me in person, you would know there is quite the difference between me being agressive and me standing by a friend who is in the fight for their life……and you know, I know, her friends and family know and everyone here knows that indeed Amy IS in the fight of her life.

Her friends and family all have their way of coping and their perspective is from their own viewpoint and the best they know how; all from a point of love and concern for Amy.  I am neither mad at you, nor aggravated for those who care deeply for her, nor for those who post their view from what they perceive about her condition.  It's simply a matter of perspective.

One thing has always stood out about Amy through her years of posting here.  She has ALWAYS offered support, hope, encouragement, empathy and faced each day as it came with courage all the while stressing the importance of LIVING in the process……………………and she never has been into pity parties.

What I want to express is my admiration for Amy, her grace in confronting her disease, her unabiding beleif in her God, her absolute refusal to let melanoma completely control her life……………….she is still a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Neice and friend to many and she is still living her life…………….what some see as a turn for the worse is what she sees, and what I see as a complication of her livng.   And I can assure you that in this very moment, Amy is doing just that……………………LIVING.

In her own words "Melanoma may get me one day…………….but not today."……………..and it ain't today because she is still busy living.

Charlie S

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                            Participant

Charlie never said anything about the oiginal poster or about Amy's relatives posting on FB.  He was just stating his perspective after speaking with her. 

For an anon you are mighty touchy

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                              Participant

Charlie never said anything about the oiginal poster or about Amy's relatives posting on FB.  He was just stating his perspective after speaking with her. 

For an anon you are mighty touchy

Jerry from Cape Cod

djpayn
                                              Participant

Well then Charlie,

Maybe Amy should tell her FB "updaters" to stop putting it out there like she is at deaths door. Then maybe people wouldn't fear that she is so close to death. You can be mad and aggravated with the person who posted this on here, but in reality, it is not their fault.

They thought they were informing others who care about Amy that her condition was worsening. I can see how that would upset anyone, but not all of us are able to call Amy to verify these things.

I understand why you posted the way you did, but i think your aggression needs to be re-directed. If Amy is so spunky, maybe her caretakers should post a bit of that news instead.

nicoli
                                                Participant

GO, AMY, GO. Kick that beast in the peanuts.

Laurie from maine
                                                    Participant

Go Amy Go!!! She is a TRUE melanoma warrior!!

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                      Participant

Go Amy Go!!! She is a TRUE melanoma warrior!!

laurie from maine

nicoli
                                                      Participant

GO, AMY, GO. Kick that beast in the peanuts.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics