The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

AMERICA NOW just had a segment on BAKING SODA CURING CANCER

Forums General Melanoma Community AMERICA NOW just had a segment on BAKING SODA CURING CANCER

Participant

Wayne drinks several glasses of soda water a week.   I don't care what anybody says…….his first tumor shrunk on it from 1.9 to 1.1 in two weeks before we ever saw Oncologist in Houston and began treatment.     It neutralizs acid in the body which is a feeding ground for cancer.   Lots on YOUTUBE also.   The only drawback is too much for kidneys and bladder…and that's what they are working on now – HOW MUCH to take.    Wayne goes by his alkaline strips.   They say it IS shrinking tumors in rats.    

Wayne drinks several glasses of soda water a week.   I don't care what anybody says…….his first tumor shrunk on it from 1.9 to 1.1 in two weeks before we ever saw Oncologist in Houston and began treatment.     It neutralizs acid in the body which is a feeding ground for cancer.   Lots on YOUTUBE also.   The only drawback is too much for kidneys and bladder…and that's what they are working on now – HOW MUCH to take.    Wayne goes by his alkaline strips.   They say it IS shrinking tumors in rats.    

JUST SAYIN'………………..

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sherron
        Participant

My husband did that also…plus many other alternative things….He lived 4 years 5 months with no regular Melanoma treatments.  He was all about Quality of Life and he got it…only really got sick the last 3 months….and then there was no stopping it….He passed away on Nov 30, 2010…. I am still grieving his death…passed away 4 days before our 43rd anniversary.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
          Participant

My husband did that also…plus many other alternative things….He lived 4 years 5 months with no regular Melanoma treatments.  He was all about Quality of Life and he got it…only really got sick the last 3 months….and then there was no stopping it….He passed away on Nov 30, 2010…. I am still grieving his death…passed away 4 days before our 43rd anniversary.

Take Care,

Sherron
            Participant

Take Care,

kthekhal
              Participant

I read this forum everyday but rarely post.

I am a Stage 3b Melanoma survivor and NED for 4 years (as of October 2012) !! and I attribute this to Yoga , which I practice everyday.

I am willing to each these powerful breathing techniques to anybody as a good karma .

kthekhal
                Participant

I am a Stage 3b Melanoma survivor and NED for 4 years (as of October 2012) !! and I attribute this to Yoga , which I practice everyday.

I am willing to each these powerful breathing techniques to anybody as a good karma .

kthekhal
                  Participant

o2bcheri
                    Participant

so happy to read something besides trials and chemo as a cure… because they do NOT cure anything.. they poison the body and break down the body's own immune system…

i keep posting on here about Cellect.. and no one ever even checks it out.. then i read that is is "hogwash" with an article from sloan kettering attached..

i mean… I have seen enough.. and watched enough with Cancer.. i have seen friends of mine die one after the next after chemo and radiation.. then i have friends who are alive and well after years having cancer and not allowing the dr's to scare them into poison…

all i can say is.. that i have SEEN it.. many times over… people living long and healthy lives years after they were told they would be dead… and not taking the horrific chemo and trials etc… which clearly do  not cure anything…

i think it s so sad… if it were me.. i would never have chemo.. ever ever ever…

the body has the power to heal… we just need to find what it needs or does not need to heal…

Janner
                        Participant

The problem with your post are that anecdotal evidence (your stories of friends, etc) means nothing to people who want to see actual scientific studies.  If a product is that good, they should conduct a clinical trial to show they are that good.  Peer review papers, clinical trials, SOMETHING scientific.  Obviously, MSKMC hasn't seen anything scientific or they wouldn't discount the product.  Vitamins, to date, haven't been proven to cure cancer.  People want to see results that they can trust, not testimonials.  Maybe that works for you, but most of us require a little more proof.  I do not trust any company who charges high costs for their product and uses only testimonials for proof.  If they won't submit their product to strict scientific controls, then call me skeptical but I probably won't buy in to their product.  If you want to use this product as COMPLIMENTARY — a supplement in addition to scientifical proven treatment, then that makes more sense.  Just like changing diet and using other supplements – many use complimentary approaches.  But as a replacement for a scientifically studied treatment, I want to see data.

As for your comments on chemo, most treatments for melanoma are NOT chemo.  Chemo suppresses and kills the immune system.  Most treatments nowadays for melanoma boost the immune system so the body's built in mechanisms can kill melanoma.  Both chemo and radiation are not considered very effective for melanoma.  Yervoy, IL-2, Interferon, TIL and others are considered immune system boosters and are thought to be a better choice for melanoma treatment than chemo.

Just my 2 cents.

NYKaren
                          Participant
                            I’ve tried every approved systemic treatment available–radiation, Yervoy, IL2, and the only one i regret is the radiation. You can bet that when my onc offered chemo saying it has a low success rate, I tried it.
                            Because I really don’t want to die of this.

My onc’s first yervoy clinical-trial patient didn’t have long to live, now he carries a picture of her and her baby in his lab coat pocket. She remains NED. Clinical trials can and do save lives.

NYKaren
                            Participant
                              I’ve tried every approved systemic treatment available–radiation, Yervoy, IL2, and the only one i regret is the radiation. You can bet that when my onc offered chemo saying it has a low success rate, I tried it.

My onc’s first yervoy clinical-trial patient didn’t have long to live, now he carries a picture of her and her baby in his lab coat pocket. She remains NED. Clinical trials can and do save lives.

NYKaren
                              Participant

NYKaren
                                Participant
                                  Snickers @ Sherron,
                                  Do you mean club soda? Not seltzer , right?
                                  Thanks,
                                  Karen
                                  NYKaren
                                  Participant
                                    Snickers @ Sherron,
                                    Thanks,
                                    Karen
                                    NYKaren
                                    Participant
                                      Snickers @ Sherron,
                                      Thanks,
                                      Karen
                                      Blaz Ferlinc
                                      Participant

Clinical trials and tests are very expensive and there are no economic interest in testing baking soda for cancer treatment. So testimonials is everything what we have and will have. In youtube video from dr. Simoncini there are some other doctors testimonials that had cured cancer with baking soda.

Blaz Ferlinc
                                        Participant

Clinical trials and tests are very expensive and there are no economic interest in testing baking soda for cancer treatment. So testimonials is everything what we have and will have. In youtube video from dr. Simoncini there are some other doctors testimonials that had cured cancer with baking soda.

Blaz Ferlinc
                                          Participant

Janner
                                            Participant

The problem with your post are that anecdotal evidence (your stories of friends, etc) means nothing to people who want to see actual scientific studies.  If a product is that good, they should conduct a clinical trial to show they are that good.  Peer review papers, clinical trials, SOMETHING scientific.  Obviously, MSKMC hasn't seen anything scientific or they wouldn't discount the product.  Vitamins, to date, haven't been proven to cure cancer.  People want to see results that they can trust, not testimonials.  Maybe that works for you, but most of us require a little more proof.  I do not trust any company who charges high costs for their product and uses only testimonials for proof.  If they won't submit their product to strict scientific controls, then call me skeptical but I probably won't buy in to their product.  If you want to use this product as COMPLIMENTARY — a supplement in addition to scientifical proven treatment, then that makes more sense.  Just like changing diet and using other supplements – many use complimentary approaches.  But as a replacement for a scientifically studied treatment, I want to see data.

As for your comments on chemo, most treatments for melanoma are NOT chemo.  Chemo suppresses and kills the immune system.  Most treatments nowadays for melanoma boost the immune system so the body's built in mechanisms can kill melanoma.  Both chemo and radiation are not considered very effective for melanoma.  Yervoy, IL-2, Interferon, TIL and others are considered immune system boosters and are thought to be a better choice for melanoma treatment than chemo.

Just my 2 cents.

Janner
                                              Participant

Just my 2 cents.

Linny
                                                Participant

The problem with alternatives is that there is no profit in them for pharmaceutical companies so they don't bother testing them. You can't put a patent on a vitamin, herb, or mineral. The Sloan Kettering web page on complementary treatments is a good resource to check for contraindications and for general information. But I would not use them as my sole source when researching complementary treatments.

What happens all too often with complementary treatments is that some patients feel that "more is better" and that's not always the case. All too often they wind up doing themselves more harm than good by throwing something off balance in the body.

I am taking Cellect. It's not cheap but it is doable. I've seen more expensive supplements with mystery ingredients ("specially patented formula") in them. At least the folks at Cellect are up front about what's in their product. As for it working? I really don't know and have nothing to offer. But what I do notice is that if I'm lax with taking it I feel tired and blah and as soon as I resume taking I get my energy back.

While interferon is an immune system booster, my understanding is that it's effective in only a small number of people, it's highly toxic, and it makes you sick for a year. Given that, how much less effective and worse can consuming something like baking soda be? 

Fortunately some great strides have been made in researching and developing new drugs that are less toxic and more effective than interferon. All we can do is hope and pray that some day soon melanoma will become nothing more than a chronic treatable condition.

Linny
                                                  Participant

The problem with alternatives is that there is no profit in them for pharmaceutical companies so they don't bother testing them. You can't put a patent on a vitamin, herb, or mineral. The Sloan Kettering web page on complementary treatments is a good resource to check for contraindications and for general information. But I would not use them as my sole source when researching complementary treatments.

What happens all too often with complementary treatments is that some patients feel that "more is better" and that's not always the case. All too often they wind up doing themselves more harm than good by throwing something off balance in the body.

I am taking Cellect. It's not cheap but it is doable. I've seen more expensive supplements with mystery ingredients ("specially patented formula") in them. At least the folks at Cellect are up front about what's in their product. As for it working? I really don't know and have nothing to offer. But what I do notice is that if I'm lax with taking it I feel tired and blah and as soon as I resume taking I get my energy back.

While interferon is an immune system booster, my understanding is that it's effective in only a small number of people, it's highly toxic, and it makes you sick for a year. Given that, how much less effective and worse can consuming something like baking soda be? 

Fortunately some great strides have been made in researching and developing new drugs that are less toxic and more effective than interferon. All we can do is hope and pray that some day soon melanoma will become nothing more than a chronic treatable condition.

Janner
                                                    Participant

Linny, I think that's great that you feel Cellect is a good product for you.  I'm all for what makes anyone feel they have more control over their disease.  My comment to o2bcheri still stands, though.  She wonders why everyone doesn't jump on the Cellect bandwagon instead of taking chemo or radiation.  The cost versus scientific proof is the issue.  I understand about not being able to "patent" vitamins.  I understand clinical trials and scientific reviews are expensive.  Any alternative product is going to be subject to criticism without benefit of scientific backup.  And often times, there is no monetary reward for studying those types of products which is why they will always be "alternative".  It's a no win situation.  There aren't a lot of good options for melanoma although there are more now than ever before.  Even the scientifically studied options, like Interferon, can be controversial. 

In lack of great options, treatment for melanoma is very personal.  I've been on this board for over 10 years and have seen the gamut from extreme supplements to the other extreme.  One of my favorite people on this site was Glenda, a 10+ year stage IV survivor.  She said if she only had a short while to live, she was going to enjoy her life and eat whatever she wanted.  "All Natural Ron" and his "Green Monster" regimen went the other route.  Both are no longer with us.  Each chose the route that was best for them.  Alternative therapies will always be greeted with some skepticism here because of their lack of scientific proof.   Some people are willing to embrace any alternative and complementary approach and others want ones with actual proof and scientific data behind.  It's all very personal.  The key is respecting other people's choices and not "advertising" your own as the way everyone should go. 

Best wishes to all on whatever treatment they choose!

Janner

Janner
                                                      Participant

Linny, I think that's great that you feel Cellect is a good product for you.  I'm all for what makes anyone feel they have more control over their disease.  My comment to o2bcheri still stands, though.  She wonders why everyone doesn't jump on the Cellect bandwagon instead of taking chemo or radiation.  The cost versus scientific proof is the issue.  I understand about not being able to "patent" vitamins.  I understand clinical trials and scientific reviews are expensive.  Any alternative product is going to be subject to criticism without benefit of scientific backup.  And often times, there is no monetary reward for studying those types of products which is why they will always be "alternative".  It's a no win situation.  There aren't a lot of good options for melanoma although there are more now than ever before.  Even the scientifically studied options, like Interferon, can be controversial. 

In lack of great options, treatment for melanoma is very personal.  I've been on this board for over 10 years and have seen the gamut from extreme supplements to the other extreme.  One of my favorite people on this site was Glenda, a 10+ year stage IV survivor.  She said if she only had a short while to live, she was going to enjoy her life and eat whatever she wanted.  "All Natural Ron" and his "Green Monster" regimen went the other route.  Both are no longer with us.  Each chose the route that was best for them.  Alternative therapies will always be greeted with some skepticism here because of their lack of scientific proof.   Some people are willing to embrace any alternative and complementary approach and others want ones with actual proof and scientific data behind.  It's all very personal.  The key is respecting other people's choices and not "advertising" your own as the way everyone should go. 

Janner

Janner
                                                        Participant

Janner

Swanee
                                                          Participant

Thank you Janner……well said!  This is a difficult journey, let's honor each other and live….. and let live!

Swanee

Swanee
                                                            Participant

Thank you Janner……well said!  This is a difficult journey, let's honor each other and live….. and let live!

Swanee

Swanee
                                                              Participant

Swanee

Linny
                                                                Participant

o2bcheri
                                                                Participant

so happy to read something besides trials and chemo as a cure… because they do NOT cure anything.. they poison the body and break down the body's own immune system…

i keep posting on here about Cellect.. and no one ever even checks it out.. then i read that is is "hogwash" with an article from sloan kettering attached..

i mean… I have seen enough.. and watched enough with Cancer.. i have seen friends of mine die one after the next after chemo and radiation.. then i have friends who are alive and well after years having cancer and not allowing the dr's to scare them into poison…

all i can say is.. that i have SEEN it.. many times over… people living long and healthy lives years after they were told they would be dead… and not taking the horrific chemo and trials etc… which clearly do  not cure anything…

the body has the power to heal… we just need to find what it needs or does not need to heal…

o2bcheri
                                                                  Participant

washoegal
                                                                    Participant

Interesting…always is when someone posts an alternative suggestive.  before I add anything to my diet I always check the Sloan-Kettering web-site.  They seem to have the best information about interactions, blood thinners, side effects, ect.  Then I make an informed decision if it is safe for ME to add.

Janner thanks for the  perspective. 

washoegal
                                                                      Participant

Interesting…always is when someone posts an alternative suggestive.  before I add anything to my diet I always check the Sloan-Kettering web-site.  They seem to have the best information about interactions, blood thinners, side effects, ect.  Then I make an informed decision if it is safe for ME to add.

washoegal
                                                                        Participant

rrrule32
                                                                          Participant

Snickers, can you tell me how much baking soda he would use, and how often he would drink it each day?

Thank you,

Travis

rrrule32
                                                                            Participant

Snickers, can you tell me how much baking soda he would use, and how often he would drink it each day?

Thank you,

Travis

rrrule32
                                                                              Participant

Thank you,

Travis

Snickers60
                                                                                  Participant

Soooo sorry guys – for some reason I did not get notices to this post. 

@ Karen – yes – regular ole CHEAP BAKING SODA ! 

We use 1 tsp per small glass of cool water.   Stir, let sit a minute and stir again.   Should be clear.   

WHen Wayne first used it, he was making the concoction we had seen on youtube where the man was sent home to die of prostate cancer/ turned bone cancer.   He started cooking molases with baking soda until it was clear and drinking it. 

THE POINT:   Cancer loves sugar – also ACID – so the molasses bonds with the soda and takes the soda to the cancer, therefore, alkalizing it and killing it. 

You can find a lot of info and debunking of this on youtube, as well as the segment on AMERICAN NOW website I'm sure.   I just know what happened to Wayne when we were in PANIC MODE and GREAT GRIEF.    HE IS DOING ZEL and is a complete responder in 7 weeks. 

BUT, we add to that, a green drink, good eating habits, THE SODA, vitamins (especially B's), laughing a lot , and trying to keep stress down.

There is ONE PROBLEM they talked about.   TOO MUCH SODA can cause some damage to your Kidneys or Liver, so we are cautious with it and use the alkaline strips to tell Wayne WHEN to drink the soda.   I would say about once a week, however, he was doing the molasses/baking soda everyday initially.   

ONE has to find their own way, and we all an only share what we are doing and let everyone decide for himself, but I would be remiss not to share something like this.    I have used it myself for decades to alkaline my bladder with Interstitial Cystitis.   Works better than any med or treatment I've ever done.    For us, we believe if it doesn't hurt or kill you – TRY IT !!!   :-))))

I'm sure if you google america now and baking soda the segment will come up for you.   

So sorry to be so long answering you….did not get notices and we had a big week here.  :-)))  

BLESSINGS AND HEALTH TO ALL,

Nancy (Devoted wife of 3 X warrior Wayne)

Snickers60
                                                                                    Participant

We use 1 tsp per small glass of cool water.   Stir, let sit a minute and stir again.   Should be clear.   

WHen Wayne first used it, he was making the concoction we had seen on youtube where the man was sent home to die of prostate cancer/ turned bone cancer.   He started cooking molases with baking soda until it was clear and drinking it. 

THE POINT:   Cancer loves sugar – also ACID – so the molasses bonds with the soda and takes the soda to the cancer, therefore, alkalizing it and killing it. 

You can find a lot of info and debunking of this on youtube, as well as the segment on AMERICAN NOW website I'm sure.   I just know what happened to Wayne when we were in PANIC MODE and GREAT GRIEF.    HE IS DOING ZEL and is a complete responder in 7 weeks. 

BUT, we add to that, a green drink, good eating habits, THE SODA, vitamins (especially B's), laughing a lot , and trying to keep stress down.

There is ONE PROBLEM they talked about.   TOO MUCH SODA can cause some damage to your Kidneys or Liver, so we are cautious with it and use the alkaline strips to tell Wayne WHEN to drink the soda.   I would say about once a week, however, he was doing the molasses/baking soda everyday initially.   

ONE has to find their own way, and we all an only share what we are doing and let everyone decide for himself, but I would be remiss not to share something like this.    I have used it myself for decades to alkaline my bladder with Interstitial Cystitis.   Works better than any med or treatment I've ever done.    For us, we believe if it doesn't hurt or kill you – TRY IT !!!   :-))))

I'm sure if you google america now and baking soda the segment will come up for you.   

So sorry to be so long answering you….did not get notices and we had a big week here.  :-)))  

JC
                                                                                      Participant

I haven't seen compelling data on,especially the sugar business. Everything in moderation is a good motto

JC
                                                                                        Participant

I haven't seen compelling data on,especially the sugar business. Everything in moderation is a good motto

JC
                                                                                          Participant

Snickers60
                                                                                            Participant

Snickers60
                                                                                              Participant

@ Karen – yes – regular ole CHEAP BAKING SODA (powder form) ! 

Snickers60
                                                                                                Participant

Snickers60
                                                                                                  Participant

JC
                                                                                                  Participant

Can you just buy club soda, soda water, sparkling water, or seltzer?  Just as good?

JC
                                                                                                    Participant

Can you just buy club soda, soda water, sparkling water, or seltzer?  Just as good?

JC
                                                                                                      Participant

Snickers60
                                                                                                          Participant

NO – BUY POWERDED REGULAR BAKING SODA AND MIX SO IT IS FRESH !  

NO STATS HERE FOLKS……….just sharing.   

Snickers60
                                                                                                            Participant

Snickers60
                                                                                                              Participant

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics