The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Am I being Paranoid or Worth a Recheck?

Forums General Melanoma Community Am I being Paranoid or Worth a Recheck?

Participant
      Hello! I had wide excision surgery and sentinel lymph node biopsy for melanoma on the back of my left thigh in December 2021. I missed my skin check in March, but had one at the end of May where all was good. I just noticed slight change to this spot on the back upper calf of the same leg as the melanoma that seems to be slightly changing. I am not concerned by the size or shape of it, but I notice slight change to it. The color on the left is lighter and there is dark spot toward the right/middle, which is how my other melanoma started to change. Sorry this pic is not very clear. Thank you in advance for any advice. slightly changing spot
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Basic advice to anyone – if you are worried about a changing lesion – have it checked. If you have a history of melanoma – then that advice goes double. Fingers crossed that it is nothing to worry about, but having it appropriately checked is the only way to know.
          c
          QuietPoet
          Participant
            Ditto what Bubbles says. Always worth a re-check. I had the exact same thing going on in my left thigh plus a lump behind my knee. Turns out the mole was somewhere in between a Spitz Nevus and a melanoma (not a melanoma but could go that direction), so they recommended re-excision as if it were a melanoma. Got a fine needle aspiration on the lump. Turned out to be a lipoma. For piece of mind, it’s good to have it checked even if it doesn’t turn out to be melanoma again.
        Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics