The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Alternatives ,IAH Bahamas,Hippocrates, Macrobiotics, etc.

Forums General Melanoma Community Alternatives ,IAH Bahamas,Hippocrates, Macrobiotics, etc.

Participant

I am 2A, 3.5mm with a high mitosis,and am looking at alternatives does anyone have experiance with IAT in the bahamas, are going to a raw or macrobiotic diet, also looking at Qigong, and ozone /oxygen therapy. Trying to find a path to follow and then enjoy my life. Thanks for any feedback.BBall

I am 2A, 3.5mm with a high mitosis,and am looking at alternatives does anyone have experiance with IAT in the bahamas, are going to a raw or macrobiotic diet, also looking at Qigong, and ozone /oxygen therapy. Trying to find a path to follow and then enjoy my life. Thanks for any feedback.BBall

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        Carole K
        Participant

Hi bball,

I did a serious macrobiotic diet for two years after brain mets.  got away from it for awhile , went back to it, away from it and now back on it, but not like I was.  I swear by the diet or we should say WAY OF LIFE.  it is a life change I had dedicated myself to.  The first five to six weeks,  was amazing how the toxins were being excreeted from my body.. including through the skin , my face broke out,  beath was horrendous  and on and on.  After the six weeks I have to say I NEVER EVER LOOKED OR FELT BETTER IN MY LIFE..  I NEVER HAD A FOOD CRAVING.. If you decide to go this route I suggest finding a GOOD macrobiotic counselor… I love mine.  he also tells me what supplements I should take based on my body. 

I know someone who just came back from Hippocrates.  I know numerous people who have been there and they all swear by it.  I have never heard a bad thing about them.

I was going to go to Finland many years ago for the hyperbarrick chanmber  treatment( one thing since my brain met I forget words) .  I know someone who is in Switzerland for the treatment now and having a very positive experience. 

If you have any further qiestions please e mail me at   [email protected]

I hope this helps.

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
          Participant

Hi bball,

I did a serious macrobiotic diet for two years after brain mets.  got away from it for awhile , went back to it, away from it and now back on it, but not like I was.  I swear by the diet or we should say WAY OF LIFE.  it is a life change I had dedicated myself to.  The first five to six weeks,  was amazing how the toxins were being excreeted from my body.. including through the skin , my face broke out,  beath was horrendous  and on and on.  After the six weeks I have to say I NEVER EVER LOOKED OR FELT BETTER IN MY LIFE..  I NEVER HAD A FOOD CRAVING.. If you decide to go this route I suggest finding a GOOD macrobiotic counselor… I love mine.  he also tells me what supplements I should take based on my body. 

I know someone who just came back from Hippocrates.  I know numerous people who have been there and they all swear by it.  I have never heard a bad thing about them.

I was going to go to Finland many years ago for the hyperbarrick chanmber  treatment( one thing since my brain met I forget words) .  I know someone who is in Switzerland for the treatment now and having a very positive experience. 

I hope this helps.

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
            Participant

Hi bball,

I hope this helps.

Love and Light

Carole

Carole K
              Participant

Hi bball,

I hope this helps.

Love and Light

Carole

JakeinNY
                Participant

Hi bball.

I would certainly do whatever you can to improve your immune system.

Eat really healthy, get enough sleep, and do whatever you can to minimize stress.

I got back to my church, do massage once per week, do reiki when I can, work out, etc.

As for HIPPOCRATES….I've been to the one in Florida. I got some good out of it but I didn't trust a few people there.

"Dr" Brian Clement referred to vitamin C as absorbic acid (instead of ascorbic acid) twice in a lecture. Not impressed by him at all. The oncologist I met with was 40 pounds overweight…not exactly following a sprouts, etc. diet. I did learn a number of things there though but I learned more from the book "The Enzyme Factor".

Keep your physical, mental, and spiritual at it's best…no guarantee even if you do it but I'm sure that it increases your chances of success.

Best wishes for a long life.

bball
                    Participant

Jake, thanks for the info ,did you go to the raw diet after Hippocrates and if so where you able to stick to it? I am in S.Fla and was thinking of giving it a try for two weeks

JakeinNY
                      Participant

Hi bball.

No, I didn't do the all raw diet.

Brown rice and steamed broccoli are part of my every day diet.

I'll eat baked fish and chicken as well.

I haven't eaten ice cream or cookies since my surgery 3+ years ago…. I miss it but I've also gotten used to my diet.

It's great if you can eat all raw….many years ago, that is all that could be eaten.

Hippocrates has some good things but as I said, I did not trust some of the people there. If you do go, don't be afraid to ask questions until you are satisfied with the answer. There is some good knowledge to come away with, but remember too, that it is a business!! I would recommend the place to anyone but I would also say that one may be disappointed when you consider the price tag….then again, when you've had melanoma, the cost may not be important.

JakeinNY
                        Participant

Hi bball.

No, I didn't do the all raw diet.

Brown rice and steamed broccoli are part of my every day diet.

I'll eat baked fish and chicken as well.

I haven't eaten ice cream or cookies since my surgery 3+ years ago…. I miss it but I've also gotten used to my diet.

It's great if you can eat all raw….many years ago, that is all that could be eaten.

Hippocrates has some good things but as I said, I did not trust some of the people there. If you do go, don't be afraid to ask questions until you are satisfied with the answer. There is some good knowledge to come away with, but remember too, that it is a business!! I would recommend the place to anyone but I would also say that one may be disappointed when you consider the price tag….then again, when you've had melanoma, the cost may not be important.

bball
                          Participant

Jake, thanks for the info ,did you go to the raw diet after Hippocrates and if so where you able to stick to it? I am in S.Fla and was thinking of giving it a try for two weeks

bball
                            Participant

Jake I rememberon your profile you Dr. is Anna Pavlick at nyu I had an appt. for next Monday that they just cancelled because she won't be there. They want me to see Dr. Ott . I am going for another opinion not an emergency. Do you know anything about Dr. Ott  or would you suggest waiting for dr. Pavlick

Thanks Bball

bball
                              Participant

Jake I rememberon your profile you Dr. is Anna Pavlick at nyu I had an appt. for next Monday that they just cancelled because she won't be there. They want me to see Dr. Ott . I am going for another opinion not an emergency. Do you know anything about Dr. Ott  or would you suggest waiting for dr. Pavlick

Thanks Bball

JakeinNY
                              Participant

Hi bball.

I would certainly do whatever you can to improve your immune system.

Eat really healthy, get enough sleep, and do whatever you can to minimize stress.

I got back to my church, do massage once per week, do reiki when I can, work out, etc.

As for HIPPOCRATES….I've been to the one in Florida. I got some good out of it but I didn't trust a few people there.

"Dr" Brian Clement referred to vitamin C as absorbic acid (instead of ascorbic acid) twice in a lecture. Not impressed by him at all. The oncologist I met with was 40 pounds overweight…not exactly following a sprouts, etc. diet. I did learn a number of things there though but I learned more from the book "The Enzyme Factor".

Keep your physical, mental, and spiritual at it's best…no guarantee even if you do it but I'm sure that it increases your chances of success.

Best wishes for a long life.

jag
                                Participant

Well, not trying to be Debbie Downer here, I don't think any of the things listed above will hurt anybody.  By the same token, I did the macrobiotic diet (went to the official Kushi Institute as per Carole K) and ended up with not only one recurrence in the brain, but two (one was a bleeder)- I did lose a lot of weight though and felt healthier.  On the way home from that ER visit, I had a nice pint of Ben and Jerry's, and ate the whole thing.  Not the healthiest choice in the world, but for some people it really doesn't make a difference.  I learned from that experience that all things in moderation is ok, and the best strategy is to eat lots of fruits and vegetables, stay active, and don't overeat.  Common sense and general healthy living is a good choice.  A low stress lifestyle is also important.

jag
                                  Participant

Well, not trying to be Debbie Downer here, I don't think any of the things listed above will hurt anybody.  By the same token, I did the macrobiotic diet (went to the official Kushi Institute as per Carole K) and ended up with not only one recurrence in the brain, but two (one was a bleeder)- I did lose a lot of weight though and felt healthier.  On the way home from that ER visit, I had a nice pint of Ben and Jerry's, and ate the whole thing.  Not the healthiest choice in the world, but for some people it really doesn't make a difference.  I learned from that experience that all things in moderation is ok, and the best strategy is to eat lots of fruits and vegetables, stay active, and don't overeat.  Common sense and general healthy living is a good choice.  A low stress lifestyle is also important.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics