The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

All is great – Scans after 2 years of Keytruda

Forums General Melanoma Community All is great – Scans after 2 years of Keytruda

Participant

Just giving you all another positive update.  My scans are totally stable and clean again.  I just had my 37th treatment of Keytruda yesterday.  I am now 2 years and 1 and a half month into Keytruda.  The doctors decided to just have me stay the course as things are going so well.  Merry Christmas to me!!!  🙂

All my best to all of you fighting the fight.  Laurie

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        DZnDef
        Participant

Absolutely phenomenal news, Laurie!  You are a ROCK STAR melanoma warrior!  I am so very very VERY happy for you!  I hope I can share news like yours one day.  Thanks for keeping us inspired.

Cheers!

DZnDef
          Participant

Absolutely phenomenal news, Laurie!  You are a ROCK STAR melanoma warrior!  I am so very very VERY happy for you!  I hope I can share news like yours one day.  Thanks for keeping us inspired.

Cheers!

DZnDef
            Participant

Cheers!

Gwen in Maine
              Participant

That's really wonderful, Laurie! Congratulations. I just had my 4th infusion of Keytruda last week. I'm feeling good with minimal side effects. Scans are scheduled for the week after Christmas so we'll see. I also see Dr. Hodi at Dana Farber and feel I'm in good hands.

Gwen

AnitaLoree
                  Participant

Laurie: So happy for your good news, esp good with the challenging type of melanoma you had. Appreciate your posting.  Yours is the kind of data, inc your link article, we are feeding our Kaiser gen'l oncologist who is questioning how long my husband should be on Keytruda; started 09/14 @ 3 mg/kg every 3 wks and noting only several days fatigue after infusions. Post op residual tumor remains stable in cervical spine.  Are you still @ initial highest dose or now @ 3mg/kg?  Do you get any side effects after 2 yrs of infusions or do they clear after a while? Will follow with interest how Dana Farber and you decide to manage your case.  Have a very happy Christmas.  A.L.

AnitaLoree
                    Participant

Laurie: So happy for your good news, esp good with the challenging type of melanoma you had. Appreciate your posting.  Yours is the kind of data, inc your link article, we are feeding our Kaiser gen'l oncologist who is questioning how long my husband should be on Keytruda; started 09/14 @ 3 mg/kg every 3 wks and noting only several days fatigue after infusions. Post op residual tumor remains stable in cervical spine.  Are you still @ initial highest dose or now @ 3mg/kg?  Do you get any side effects after 2 yrs of infusions or do they clear after a while? Will follow with interest how Dana Farber and you decide to manage your case.  Have a very happy Christmas.  A.L.

AnitaLoree
                      Participant

sweetaugust
                        Participant

Hi AnitaLoree,

The doctors haven't change anything in my treatment plan.  I am still at the highest dose, every 3 weeks.  If I remember correctly, that dose is 10 mg.  But you make an excellent point…where it is definitely worth a conversation with the doctors to see if maybe we could lower the dose at this point…since it has been 1.5 years of clean scans and shrinking met.

As for side effects right now…I really feel fine.  The summer months are easy and I really only suffered from the rash on the back of my head during those months.  Now the cold months are about to start…and that seems to play a part in the nausea coming back and the joint pain.  But so far so good.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and much health as well, Laurie

sweetaugust
                          Participant

Hi AnitaLoree,

The doctors haven't change anything in my treatment plan.  I am still at the highest dose, every 3 weeks.  If I remember correctly, that dose is 10 mg.  But you make an excellent point…where it is definitely worth a conversation with the doctors to see if maybe we could lower the dose at this point…since it has been 1.5 years of clean scans and shrinking met.

As for side effects right now…I really feel fine.  The summer months are easy and I really only suffered from the rash on the back of my head during those months.  Now the cold months are about to start…and that seems to play a part in the nausea coming back and the joint pain.  But so far so good.

sweetaugust
                            Participant

Hi AnitaLoree,

Gwen in Maine
                            Participant

That's really wonderful, Laurie! Congratulations. I just had my 4th infusion of Keytruda last week. I'm feeling good with minimal side effects. Scans are scheduled for the week after Christmas so we'll see. I also see Dr. Hodi at Dana Farber and feel I'm in good hands.

Gwen

Gwen in Maine
                              Participant

Gwen

JoshF
                                Participant

Great news Laurie! So happy for you!

Josh

JoshF
                                  Participant

Josh

JoshF
                                    Participant

Josh

BrianP
                                      Participant

Wonderful news Laurie.  That certainly does make for a MERRY Christmas.  I can only imagine the difference in your outlook from the Christmas two years ago and this Christmas.  I hate this awful disease with all my soul but it certainly does have a way of making you appreaciate your blessings.

My next scans are on the 22nd.  If all I get for Christmas are clean scans I'll be a happy camper as well. 

Staying the course sounds like a good plan to me.  If it ain't broke don't fix it!  Congrats again.

Brian

BrianP
                                        Participant

Wonderful news Laurie.  That certainly does make for a MERRY Christmas.  I can only imagine the difference in your outlook from the Christmas two years ago and this Christmas.  I hate this awful disease with all my soul but it certainly does have a way of making you appreaciate your blessings.

My next scans are on the 22nd.  If all I get for Christmas are clean scans I'll be a happy camper as well. 

Staying the course sounds like a good plan to me.  If it ain't broke don't fix it!  Congrats again.

Brian

BrianP
                                          Participant

Brian

Bubbles
                                            Participant

Wonderful, Laurie! Wishing a beautiful holiday season for you and yours. C

Bubbles
                                              Participant

Bubbles
                                                Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics