The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Alive and…well: Nic/Lin

Forums General Melanoma Community Alive and…well: Nic/Lin

Participant

Thnaks for ya'lls concern…..I was wondering if any one would ever miss me.  Seriously, I miss talking to the board and should not be so "wierd" sometimes.  I have been reading the board some; I hope your doin' fine.  I just feel so helpless at times about myself that I feel i have nothing to tell anyone else that won't reflect my own doubts.  SOoooo many people are in bad shape, and i don't know how to "fix" it – 

Thnaks for ya'lls concern…..I was wondering if any one would ever miss me.  Seriously, I miss talking to the board and should not be so "wierd" sometimes.  I have been reading the board some; I hope your doin' fine.  I just feel so helpless at times about myself that I feel i have nothing to tell anyone else that won't reflect my own doubts.  SOoooo many people are in bad shape, and i don't know how to "fix" it – 

I completed round 4 of IPI,  a CT scan revealed "stable" with existing lung tumors, and no futher abdominal spread….so this is good news i suppose.  Kinda bad news is brain tumors- about 14 i think (were like 12, so 2 small new ones, which is dicouraging after WBR and SRS)-  but, the others are stable and a couple have shrunk a little.  I went through another round of 4 SRS (Novalis TS) to try to zap 2 resistant tumors again plus the 2 new ones.

Hope all is well with everyone.  Was quite saddenend by recent deaths of some board members.  Just been at a loss of words lately……Love, Grady.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        dian in spokane
        Participant

Grady! Linda and I were just talking about you last night! Thanks for checking in. Sorry about that bad news. Keep us posted.

dian in spokane

dian in spokane
          Participant

Grady! Linda and I were just talking about you last night! Thanks for checking in. Sorry about that bad news. Keep us posted.

dian in spokane

lhaley
            Participant

Thanks for checking in!  We do miss you!  Sounds like good vs bad news. Keep up the good and get rid of those pesky brain mets!

We all wish we knew how to fix everyone but unfortunately we can't.

Let us hear from you every once in a while!!

Linda

lhaley
              Participant

Thanks for checking in!  We do miss you!  Sounds like good vs bad news. Keep up the good and get rid of those pesky brain mets!

We all wish we knew how to fix everyone but unfortunately we can't.

Let us hear from you every once in a while!!

Linda

NicOz
                Participant

Wondering if anyone would miss you? Are you insane?!?! Of course you've been missed- it's just trying to find the balance between giving somone (who may be needing it) some space, and wondering how in the heck you're doing. I know hibernation is a big part of maintaining what's left of my sanity at times, so try very hard not to overstep the bounds (and stalk :P) someone who's been quiet for a while.

And I still feel the way you do- the not wanting to reflect your own doubts. I fear I shall never be a "cheerleader" because of that 🙂 Glad to hear about the "stable"/no new growth on the extracranial front, not so thrilled about those little b@stard things in your brain still causing you some grief. You'd think they'd take the hint and die with all the hate that's being thrown their way, wouldn't you?

I'd swear a LOT about that news, but delicate eyes may be me reading, so I will refrain from typing any, and simply let my inner thoughts run rampant for a while. After all, you know what I think of brain mets and mel in general. I think you'll manage to guess what I'm thinking. I'm just glad to hear from you, mate!

Love to you, Bonita and the boys xxx

NicOz
                  Participant

Wondering if anyone would miss you? Are you insane?!?! Of course you've been missed- it's just trying to find the balance between giving somone (who may be needing it) some space, and wondering how in the heck you're doing. I know hibernation is a big part of maintaining what's left of my sanity at times, so try very hard not to overstep the bounds (and stalk :P) someone who's been quiet for a while.

And I still feel the way you do- the not wanting to reflect your own doubts. I fear I shall never be a "cheerleader" because of that 🙂 Glad to hear about the "stable"/no new growth on the extracranial front, not so thrilled about those little b@stard things in your brain still causing you some grief. You'd think they'd take the hint and die with all the hate that's being thrown their way, wouldn't you?

I'd swear a LOT about that news, but delicate eyes may be me reading, so I will refrain from typing any, and simply let my inner thoughts run rampant for a while. After all, you know what I think of brain mets and mel in general. I think you'll manage to guess what I'm thinking. I'm just glad to hear from you, mate!

Love to you, Bonita and the boys xxx

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics