The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Adrenal Tumor Biopsy

Forums General Melanoma Community Adrenal Tumor Biopsy

Participant
      Hi All,

Has anyone had or known of anyone having an adrenal tumor biopsied that is relatively hard to get to?
      All posts will help!!

Thanks!
      Maggie

Hi All,

Has anyone had or known of anyone having an adrenal tumor biopsied that is relatively hard to get to?
      All posts will help!!

Thanks!
      Maggie

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        susanr
        Participant

Maggie,

I know few people who had adrenal tumors from Mel, Their doctors did not push for a biospy if they had other mets within the body.  Is the adrenal gland the only involvement or are there other spots.?  I know not much help but post some more info if you can and sure others will chime in.  Keep us posted.

Susan

mclaus23
            Participant
              Thanks Susan!! Unfortunately these are the only tumors ugh!!!
              mclaus23
              Participant
                mclaus23
                Participant
                susanr
                Participant

Maggie,

I know few people who had adrenal tumors from Mel, Their doctors did not push for a biospy if they had other mets within the body.  Is the adrenal gland the only involvement or are there other spots.?  I know not much help but post some more info if you can and sure others will chime in.  Keep us posted.

Susan

susanr
                  Participant

Maggie,

Susan

Tina D
                    Participant

Maggie,

I had an adrenal tumor biopsied a few years ago. It was large, though, so I dont know that it was considered "hard to get to" It was done similar to a kidney biopsy. I was given IV sedative, was fully aware but felt pretty little. I was positioned on my stomach and they did the biopsy through my back after doing local anesthetic. It really was not a bad experience. Had to stay until sedative had worn off then was able to be driven home. I do not recall any residual discomfort afterwards at all. Have you been scheduled to have one done? Also… I THINK it was u/s guided but dont remember that for sure.

Tina

Tina D
                      Participant

Maggie,

I had an adrenal tumor biopsied a few years ago. It was large, though, so I dont know that it was considered "hard to get to" It was done similar to a kidney biopsy. I was given IV sedative, was fully aware but felt pretty little. I was positioned on my stomach and they did the biopsy through my back after doing local anesthetic. It really was not a bad experience. Had to stay until sedative had worn off then was able to be driven home. I do not recall any residual discomfort afterwards at all. Have you been scheduled to have one done? Also… I THINK it was u/s guided but dont remember that for sure.

Tina

Tina D
                        Participant

Maggie,

Tina

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics