The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Accepted Into Braf/MEK Trial!

Forums General Melanoma Community Accepted Into Braf/MEK Trial!

Participant
      I am so ecstatic! Just got off the phone with the trial coordinator. I will be starting the Genentech Braf/MEK trial on Thursday of next week. It has been a crazy three months for me but I feel I am finally on the right path. Thx to everyone on this board for your encouragement and suggestions. I am looking forward to getting started and shrinking that pesky adrenal gland tumor!

Eileen L

I am so ecstatic! Just got off the phone with the trial coordinator. I will be starting the Genentech Braf/MEK trial on Thursday of next week. It has been a crazy three months for me but I feel I am finally on the right path. Thx to everyone on this board for your encouragement and suggestions. I am looking forward to getting started and shrinking that pesky adrenal gland tumor!

Eileen L

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        sharmon
        Participant

Great News for you!  Keep us posted and good luck. 

Sharon and Brent

sharmon
          Participant

Sharon and Brent

sharmon
            Participant

Sharon and Brent

s Mom
              Participant

Good news Eileen – keep us posted how you are doing.  Take care!

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

s Mom
                Participant

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

s Mom
                  Participant

Bridgette (Jeff's Mom)

lhaley
                    Participant

Eileen,

I'm glad your finally able to begin.  It's so scary that it has taken so long to get this trial started. I hope that quickly shrinkage begins!!   

Linda

lhaley
                      Participant

Eileen,

I'm glad your finally able to begin.  It's so scary that it has taken so long to get this trial started. I hope that quickly shrinkage begins!!   

Linda

lhaley
                        Participant

Eileen,

Linda

Eileen L
                          Participant

Thanks for your good wishes. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Eileen L

Eileen L
                            Participant

Eileen L

Eileen L
                              Participant

Eileen L

aldakota22
                                Participant

I know how happy  you are feeling.Had the same reaction last Sept. when I both got the drug and found out the drug was covered by insurance.Just wanted to shout my joy and thank God.All the best for you.   Al

aldakota22
                                  Participant

I know how happy  you are feeling.Had the same reaction last Sept. when I both got the drug and found out the drug was covered by insurance.Just wanted to shout my joy and thank God.All the best for you.   Al

aldakota22
                                    Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics