The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

A video tribute for Eric

Forums General Melanoma Community A video tribute for Eric

Participant

I created this tribute for Eric's Celebration of Life Service.  So many of you have followed our journey so I thought this would give you some insight on the man he was.

I created this tribute for Eric's Celebration of Life Service.  So many of you have followed our journey so I thought this would give you some insight on the man he was.

Viewing 31 reply threads
    • Replies
        Gene_S
        Participant

Jill,

Thank you so much for sharing your lives with us.  I pray for peace for you and more strength as you start the next segment of your life.

Judy wife of Gene_S

Gene_S
          Participant

Jill,

Thank you so much for sharing your lives with us.  I pray for peace for you and more strength as you start the next segment of your life.

Judy wife of Gene_S

MichaelFL
            Participant

Loved the black thick rim Woody Allen Glasses! I see he went through a hippie phase, we all did. Me too! The fireplace looks identical to mine as well. He almost looks like Jim Carey sometimes with that smile. We had the exact same pool too, it was the Intex brand. It lasted a few years. "Hand in hand" looked awesome!

Nice tribute.

Michael

MichaelFL
              Participant

Loved the black thick rim Woody Allen Glasses! I see he went through a hippie phase, we all did. Me too! The fireplace looks identical to mine as well. He almost looks like Jim Carey sometimes with that smile. We had the exact same pool too, it was the Intex brand. It lasted a few years. "Hand in hand" looked awesome!

Nice tribute.

Michael

ValinMtl
                Participant

It was absolutely beautiful Jill.  As beautiful as Eric, he is so proud of you.  Hugs, Val

ValinMtl
                  Participant

It was absolutely beautiful Jill.  As beautiful as Eric, he is so proud of you.  Hugs, Val

LV
                    Participant

Jill, what a beautiful tribute. Thank you for sharing it with us.

LV
                      Participant

Jill, what a beautiful tribute. Thank you for sharing it with us.

mombase
                        Participant

Dear Jill,

Rhank you so much for sharing the Celebration of Eric's life video. What a beautiful family you are. I was awed at how strong Eric and you stayed throughout his journey and how unselfish both of you are to the very end. God Bless you and your children!

Cristy, Stage IV

mombase
                          Participant

Dear Jill,

Rhank you so much for sharing the Celebration of Eric's life video. What a beautiful family you are. I was awed at how strong Eric and you stayed throughout his journey and how unselfish both of you are to the very end. God Bless you and your children!

Cristy, Stage IV

Jim M.
                            Participant

Once again seeing the tribute to Eric brought tears to my eyes and those of my wife. Thank you for sharing your lives with us.

God bless you and your family always.

Jim M.

Jim M.
                              Participant

Once again seeing the tribute to Eric brought tears to my eyes and those of my wife. Thank you for sharing your lives with us.

God bless you and your family always.

Jim M.

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                Participant

Jill,

Thank you for posting the video.  My thoughts and prayers have been with you, Eric and your family since the evening we first talked.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                                  Participant

Jill,

Thank you for posting the video.  My thoughts and prayers have been with you, Eric and your family since the evening we first talked.

Jerry from Cape Cod

debandmike
                                    Participant

Beautiful tribute, thank you for sharing your love.

debandmike
                                      Participant

Beautiful tribute, thank you for sharing your love.

MaryD
                                        Participant

Such a lovely tribute Jill . . Eric is a blessing and he will guide you through this difficult time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family …

Mary

MaryD
                                          Participant

Such a lovely tribute Jill . . Eric is a blessing and he will guide you through this difficult time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family …

Mary

Charlie S
                                            Participant

Cool !  A good man to be sure.

Hang in there, I can only imagine how hard it must be.

Charlie S

Charlie S
                                              Participant

Cool !  A good man to be sure.

Hang in there, I can only imagine how hard it must be.

Charlie S

Cynthia C
                                                Participant

Thanks Jill!

It's good to see Eric as he was! A son, brother, friend, father and lover!

Best wishes to you always,

Cynthia C

Cynthia C
                                                  Participant

Thanks Jill!

It's good to see Eric as he was! A son, brother, friend, father and lover!

Best wishes to you always,

Cynthia C

akls
                                                    Participant

Jill,

What a wonderful tribute to Eric.  Thanks so much for sharing this with us.  Thoughts and Prayers are with you.

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                                                      Participant

Jill,

What a wonderful tribute to Eric.  Thanks so much for sharing this with us.  Thoughts and Prayers are with you.

Amy S. in Michigan

BethA
                                                        Participant

Oh my…I am speechless (and that doesn't happen often).  I'm not sure if I want to sob or smile at the beautiful life and family that Eric was lucky enough to have.  He was a really handsome man with "smiling eyes". 

This video is a wonderful tribute to someone you obviously loved very much.  I am sad for all of you, but it is easy to see how blessed this man was.

Prayers to you and your family.  Beautiful, Beautiful video.    Beth 3/B

BethA
                                                          Participant

Oh my…I am speechless (and that doesn't happen often).  I'm not sure if I want to sob or smile at the beautiful life and family that Eric was lucky enough to have.  He was a really handsome man with "smiling eyes". 

This video is a wonderful tribute to someone you obviously loved very much.  I am sad for all of you, but it is easy to see how blessed this man was.

Prayers to you and your family.  Beautiful, Beautiful video.    Beth 3/B

lhaley
                                                            Participant

Jill

I watched he tribute the other day on fb.  Loved the pictures and my heart aches for you. 

You've inspired me and today we went and bought a scanner, I plan on putting together family pictures so that our grandbaby will be able to have a history of us.

Sending cyber hugs,

Linda

goldengirls2011
                                                                Participant

What a beautiful tribute. You both are such an inspiration to us. Your love for Eric will live forever in your heart, and you both will always be rememebered here.

goldengirls2011
                                                                  Participant

What a beautiful tribute. You both are such an inspiration to us. Your love for Eric will live forever in your heart, and you both will always be rememebered here.

lhaley
                                                                  Participant

Jill

I watched he tribute the other day on fb.  Loved the pictures and my heart aches for you. 

You've inspired me and today we went and bought a scanner, I plan on putting together family pictures so that our grandbaby will be able to have a history of us.

Sending cyber hugs,

Linda

jag
                                                                    Participant

Jill,

I couldn't help but notice that he did nothing buy smile all through that tribute.  That would be Eric alright.  Never met him, but I can definitely understand why he would be happy-even with the lousy cards he had been dealt.  Love of family members can really make a big difference.

I wish you strength in dealing with this loss.  Keep Eric's spirit alive and make the best of everyday.  

God Bless

John

jag
                                                                        Participant

again, Jill, very sorry, you and Eric will be in my prayers.

John

jag
                                                                          Participant

again, Jill, very sorry, you and Eric will be in my prayers.

John

jag
                                                                          Participant

Jill,

I couldn't help but notice that he did nothing buy smile all through that tribute.  That would be Eric alright.  Never met him, but I can definitely understand why he would be happy-even with the lousy cards he had been dealt.  Love of family members can really make a big difference.

I wish you strength in dealing with this loss.  Keep Eric's spirit alive and make the best of everyday.  

God Bless

John

EricNJill
                                                                            Participant

Thanks everyone.  I can actually feel that I am healing.  I never thought I'd be okay because I missed him so much, but I grieved so much and I feel a little better each day.  You are all right about your comments.  He remained positive until the end.  He was definitely my hero and I'm blessed to have had him in my life for 8 1/2 years.

I want you to know that my cause did not end with Eric's passing.  It has only given me fuel to fight Melanoma even harder.  Now I have the videos and pictures to help my campaign.  I still have some healing to do but now I'm in pissed mode and I plan on fighting the beast by bringing about awareness.

Love & Prayers to you all,

Eric in spirit N Jill

EricNJill
                                                                              Participant

Thanks everyone.  I can actually feel that I am healing.  I never thought I'd be okay because I missed him so much, but I grieved so much and I feel a little better each day.  You are all right about your comments.  He remained positive until the end.  He was definitely my hero and I'm blessed to have had him in my life for 8 1/2 years.

I want you to know that my cause did not end with Eric's passing.  It has only given me fuel to fight Melanoma even harder.  Now I have the videos and pictures to help my campaign.  I still have some healing to do but now I'm in pissed mode and I plan on fighting the beast by bringing about awareness.

Love & Prayers to you all,

Eric in spirit N Jill

Viewing 31 reply threads
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics