The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

A satirical look at clinical trials

Forums General Melanoma Community A satirical look at clinical trials

• Replies
      Bubbles
      Participant

Thanks for posting.  While I am certain a clinical trial I was lucky to participate in from 2010-2013 saved my life, clinical trials are a trip, not for the faint of heart, and could do with some major improvements!!!

For those of you who are interested, here are some thoughts about clinical trial design by some melanoma big dogs as well as my thoughts on additional links:  

https://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2017/02/thoughts-on-trials-and-clinical.html  

Wishing you all my best!  C

MelanomaMike
          Participant
            Hahaha! The link with the Parachute “Trial” was hilarious!! Thanks for that..
          VinceMart
          Participant

Made me laugh, thanks for posting!

Vince

Momofjake
            Participant

Thanks! Pretty funny. I am glad we are not the only ones who have seen the crazy side of trials. Jake did his first one recently and it was not the best experience! I know many here have had their lives saved and I know we need them! It’s just hard to see the crap involved too! Good to have some humor on the topic:) 

Best,

Kerri

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics