The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

A Rough Two Days

Forums General Melanoma Community A Rough Two Days

Participant

They told me that the first chemo agent I would be getting, cyclophosphmide, was goiing to be rough, and they weren't kidding! Add to that 48 hours of having to get up to pee every 2 hours, and you have a recipe for being miserable.

Today I'm feeling better and actually got out of bed. Staff here all tells me I'm doing a good job. So I soldier on in prepartion of getting my cells and the IL-2 that comes with them.

"To cure you they must kill you. The sword of Damocles hangs above your head." — Lou Reed

But for today, it's basebsall!!

-Bill

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        iskitwo
        Participant

Hang in there….it's going to be worth it!!

bjeans
          Participant

“In baseball, there’s always the next day.” – Ryne Sandberg

Bill, may the next days all be better than the last two!

Beth

SABKLYN
            Participant

Good luck, Bill.  Hang tough….the treatment will be over and with a little luck, you'll be marching from Mel land to NED-ville

Bubbles
              Participant

He stood in the storm.  When the wind did not blow him away, he adjusted his sails. ~ author unknown.

You have been standing strong and now the adjustments are being made!!!  It still sucks, though!!!  And I hate that, but you've got this, Bill!!!  Rest up so that you can ROAR!!! – c

TexMelanomex
                Participant

Sorry to hear that Bill. You are already powering through it and thats what matters. Warrior On Brother!!!

CancerSpouse
                  Participant

My money is on you! ~ Carol

CancerSpouse
                    Participant

CancerSpouse
                      Participant

CancerSpouse
                          Participant

Said it three times. Must be true. ~ C

Viewing 7 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics