The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

“A Message to My 16-year Old Self.”

Forums General Melanoma Community “A Message to My 16-year Old Self.”

Participant

I am not sure if you all have seen this. It was brought to my attention on Facebook from another melanoma warrior. I posted it on my blog, on facebook, and thought you all would love to see it as well. One of the beautiful ladies in the video emailed me today and thanked me for sharing the video with others. I believe I can speak for all Melanoma Warriors in thanking her for making this. It is EXACTLY what we need to promote melanoma awareness!

I am not sure if you all have seen this. It was brought to my attention on Facebook from another melanoma warrior. I posted it on my blog, on facebook, and thought you all would love to see it as well. One of the beautiful ladies in the video emailed me today and thanked me for sharing the video with others. I believe I can speak for all Melanoma Warriors in thanking her for making this. It is EXACTLY what we need to promote melanoma awareness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4jgUcxMezM&feature=share

Share it. πŸ™‚

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        FormerCaregiver
        Participant

Thanks for posting the link to the excellent video. There remains a great deal of work to be done
          to convince people who have not been touched by melanoma that "it is not just skin ordinary
          cancer". We have very high rates of melanoma here in Australia, but there still is a general lack
          of awareness of how serious things can get if the cancer is not caught very early.

I have read your profile, and I am impressed by the fact that you have already had CT, PET and
          MRI scans. It sounds like your doctors are being very thorough indeed.

Frank from Australia

Becky
            Participant

Wow that was powerful…hard to get through without crying. Great video. I liked how one woman said you can get melanoma "even on your tongue" since that is exactly where my sons was.

Oh and Chelsea I want to tell you I enjoy your blog. i have it bookmarked at work and read it daily πŸ™‚

Becky

CLPrice31
              Participant

Aw! Thank you, Becky! It has been the best type of therapy for me…smiley

CLPrice31
                Participant

Aw! Thank you, Becky! It has been the best type of therapy for me…smiley

Becky
                  Participant

Wow that was powerful…hard to get through without crying. Great video. I liked how one woman said you can get melanoma "even on your tongue" since that is exactly where my sons was.

Oh and Chelsea I want to tell you I enjoy your blog. i have it bookmarked at work and read it daily πŸ™‚

Becky

CLPrice31
                    Participant

Frank,

I guess I need to update my profile…I am not even sure what it says since the last 5 months have been a whirlwind. I have had 2 surgeries now…headed back on Friday for updated scans. I am keeping my fingers crossed I will have good news to repeat. If you are curious to read my story, you can always check out my blog. http://adventurewithmelanoma.blogspot.com

I tend to update that more. πŸ™‚

CLPrice31
                      Participant

Frank,

I guess I need to update my profile…I am not even sure what it says since the last 5 months have been a whirlwind. I have had 2 surgeries now…headed back on Friday for updated scans. I am keeping my fingers crossed I will have good news to repeat. If you are curious to read my story, you can always check out my blog. http://adventurewithmelanoma.blogspot.com

I tend to update that more. πŸ™‚

FormerCaregiver
                      Participant

Thanks for posting the link to the excellent video. There remains a great deal of work to be done
                        to convince people who have not been touched by melanoma that "it is not just skin ordinary
                        cancer". We have very high rates of melanoma here in Australia, but there still is a general lack
                        of awareness of how serious things can get if the cancer is not caught very early.

I have read your profile, and I am impressed by the fact that you have already had CT, PET and
                        MRI scans. It sounds like your doctors are being very thorough indeed.

Frank from Australia

SusanE
                        Participant

Posted to my husband's facebook!

Thanks for sharing!

Susan, wife to Jerry Stage III

Carol Taylor
                            Participant

Thank you for posting this! Put it on my Fb, my church's FB, Melanoma Prayer Center, and both blogs. I thought I was toughening up some until I saw this.

Grace and peace,

Carol stage 3b

Laurie from maine
                              Participant

Hi

Thank you so much for posting it, it is very well done and powerful.  I posted it on facebook and asked people to forward it to young people they know. 

thank you

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                Participant

Hi

Thank you so much for posting it, it is very well done and powerful.  I posted it on facebook and asked people to forward it to young people they know. 

thank you

laurie from maine

Carol Taylor
                                  Participant

Thank you for posting this! Put it on my Fb, my church's FB, Melanoma Prayer Center, and both blogs. I thought I was toughening up some until I saw this.

Grace and peace,

Carol stage 3b

SusanE
                                  Participant

Posted to my husband's facebook!

Thanks for sharing!

Susan, wife to Jerry Stage III

Viewing 3 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics