The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

a little info please

Forums General Melanoma Community a little info please

Participant

A while ago, someone posted the phone number for Southwest Airlines reduced rates tickets for medical travel.  I would appreciate it if someone has the number they would post it.  This time, it's not MM i'm dealing with.  I was diagnosed with lung cancer and will trekking to MDA again.

Jackie W

A while ago, someone posted the phone number for Southwest Airlines reduced rates tickets for medical travel.  I would appreciate it if someone has the number they would post it.  This time, it's not MM i'm dealing with.  I was diagnosed with lung cancer and will trekking to MDA again.

Jackie W

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

I don't have the info about the airfare stuff, Jackie, but I am very sorry to hear about the lung cancer.  That really sucks.  You don't need this.  Please keep us updated with how you are doing – we need to meet in chat sometime soon so we can talk!

Take care,

Janner

Janner
          Participant

I don't have the info about the airfare stuff, Jackie, but I am very sorry to hear about the lung cancer.  That really sucks.  You don't need this.  Please keep us updated with how you are doing – we need to meet in chat sometime soon so we can talk!

Take care,

Janner

Janner
            Participant

Take care,

Janner

WendyPam
              Participant

If anyone is like me, very low on money and can't afford airfare, and incredibly frustrated with the lack of help american cancer society offers -what a joke- i want to share this information with you:

http://www.swamedia.com/releases/6146f9bf-d192-41f8-9872-0c3213ebb718

Southwest has a program that will fly you to your cancer treatments

you do have to be able to walk unassisted , but if you can…Here is the info

Call Amanda  Raneri at:

516-300-1660

WendyPam
                  Participant

this was originally posted by "Boots"

WendyPam
                    Participant

WendyPam
                      Participant

WendyPam
                      Participant

If anyone is like me, very low on money and can't afford airfare, and incredibly frustrated with the lack of help american cancer society offers -what a joke- i want to share this information with you:

Call Amanda  Raneri at:

516-300-1660

WendyPam
                        Participant

Call Amanda  Raneri at:

516-300-1660

jackiewin
                          Participant

Jan would love to see you and some of the others in chat.  And WendyPam, thanks for the info.

Jackie W

jackiewin
                            Participant

Jan would love to see you and some of the others in chat.  And WendyPam, thanks for the info.

Jackie W

jackiewin
                              Participant

Jackie W

Becky
                                  Participant

Oh my gosh Jackie I am SO sorry to hear this! I will also look for you in the Chat room..you were such a support to me. I know you can fight this!

Becky
                                    Participant

Oh my gosh Jackie I am SO sorry to hear this! I will also look for you in the Chat room..you were such a support to me. I know you can fight this!

Becky
                                      Participant

lhaley
                                      Participant

Jackie,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are dealing with lung cancer.  You were such a wonderful caretaker and I hope that you have someone who is helping you now.  It really doesn't matter what type of cancer it is, they all suck. Wishing you the best.

Linda

lhaley
                                        Participant

Jackie,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are dealing with lung cancer.  You were such a wonderful caretaker and I hope that you have someone who is helping you now.  It really doesn't matter what type of cancer it is, they all suck. Wishing you the best.

Linda

lhaley
                                          Participant

Jackie,

Linda

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics