The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

A Little good news, I Crow!

Forums General Melanoma Community A Little good news, I Crow!

Participant

Hey ALL-  Got 6wk. CT scan and all my lung nodules (nice word for TUMORS!!!) have NOT increased in size. ie: they are relatively stable compared to last scan where they had tripled in size.  I hesitate to "crow" too loud about any shreads of semi-good news, but I'm so grateful that, at least temporarily, my lung tumor growth has "stabilized" and there has been no further spread to other organs as of yet.  FYI:  I'm on Taxol/Carboplatin/Avistan.

Hey ALL-  Got 6wk. CT scan and all my lung nodules (nice word for TUMORS!!!) have NOT increased in size. ie: they are relatively stable compared to last scan where they had tripled in size.  I hesitate to "crow" too loud about any shreads of semi-good news, but I'm so grateful that, at least temporarily, my lung tumor growth has "stabilized" and there has been no further spread to other organs as of yet.  FYI:  I'm on Taxol/Carboplatin/Avistan.   I think of ALL of you quite often although I don't always "share" that much……I pray for ALL- especially those younger than I (48).   Just thought I'd finally post something semi-positive about myself; instead of lousy advice or tiring questions.

Love to ALL-  Grady.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Grady,

Being stable is definitely better news than you've received lately!   How are you dealing with the side effects so far from the treatment?

Nice hearing good news,

Linda

glewis923
            Participant

Hey Linda-  Surprizingly, the new "triple-chemo" is a cakewalk compared to interferon.  No real bad effects at all.  Just a little tired and sometimes muddle-headed.  I'm actually starting to worry that i'm not feeling bad or even losing my hair !!!

Thanks for asking….Hope you are doin' well.

Love, Grady & Family.

glewis923
              Participant

Hey Linda-  Surprizingly, the new "triple-chemo" is a cakewalk compared to interferon.  No real bad effects at all.  Just a little tired and sometimes muddle-headed.  I'm actually starting to worry that i'm not feeling bad or even losing my hair !!!

Thanks for asking….Hope you are doin' well.

Love, Grady & Family.

lhaley
              Participant

Grady,

Being stable is definitely better news than you've received lately!   How are you dealing with the side effects so far from the treatment?

Nice hearing good news,

Linda

Linda/Kentucky
                Participant

Please never be afraid of sharing good news.  We on this board live on the encouragement of others to help get us through this horrible time.  Congratulations on stabilization.  Much, much better than progression.  Continue to keep us posted when you can.

Linda/Kentucky

Linda/Kentucky
                  Participant

Please never be afraid of sharing good news.  We on this board live on the encouragement of others to help get us through this horrible time.  Congratulations on stabilization.  Much, much better than progression.  Continue to keep us posted when you can.

Linda/Kentucky

JuleFL
                    Participant
                      Keep up the good work! Looks like you are going in a better direction.
                      Jule
                      JuleFL
                      Participant
                        Keep up the good work! Looks like you are going in a better direction.
                        Jule
                        ValinMtl
                        Participant

Good new Grady.  When mel is active, stable sounds like a blessing. Hoping that your disease either stays stable or even better you become NED.  Val xx (currently on compassionate ipilimumab)

ValinMtl
                          Participant

Good new Grady.  When mel is active, stable sounds like a blessing. Hoping that your disease either stays stable or even better you become NED.  Val xx (currently on compassionate ipilimumab)

Carmon in NM
                            Participant

Thank you for posting! I'll be having my first CT/brain MRI scans on the 15th after two rounds of carboplatin/taxol/temodar and I hope I can post as positively.  I'll be very happy with 'stable' and it will give me the resolve to get through four more rounds!

Carmon in NM – stage 4 since 06/2010

Carmon in NM
                              Participant

Thank you for posting! I'll be having my first CT/brain MRI scans on the 15th after two rounds of carboplatin/taxol/temodar and I hope I can post as positively.  I'll be very happy with 'stable' and it will give me the resolve to get through four more rounds!

Carmon in NM – stage 4 since 06/2010

jag
                                Participant

Happy to hear it Grady!

Crow away! Hell, egg on the cats.

jag
                                  Participant

Happy to hear it Grady!

Crow away! Hell, egg on the cats.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics