The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

A Busy Week In Texas

Forums General Melanoma Community A Busy Week In Texas

Participant
      This is one packed week for me. CTs on Monday. Bloodwork and tests and meetings and screenings today. Getting simulations for radiation treatment set up tomorrow, along with preparing for a biopsy and meeting my Oncologist for further treatment plans. Biopsy on my liver on Thursday. Surgery on my scalp on Friday. Then I come back after a week or so for three weeks of radiation to two lesions in my lungs.

This melanoma is taking up entirely too much of my time I tell ya.

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        guynamedbilly
        Participant
          I wanted to edit the title to “A Busy Week in Texas: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Aplomb” but they wouldn’t let me.

Just thought you should know.

jbronicki
            Participant
              First, let me just say that anyone that references Dr. Strangelove in any form is a good person in my book! I rank Dr. Strangelove in my top five of all time films. Second, if you are here at MD Anderson and need anything at all, please reach out. Since you say you are in Texas, I’m assuming you are at MD Anderson. We live just 15 minutes away and I’ll actually be down by MD Anderson tomorrow. We can come sit with you if need be or bring you anything or just be support, not sure if you are here with family. From your posts, I’m not sure if you are still in a Phase I trial or if TIL is what you are doing, but If you need anything at all, we are here, please feel free to email me at [email protected] or [email protected] We can bring you food, be there if you need someone after surgery etc. I really shine in a hospital setting 🙂 I remember sitting in the waiting room after my husband’s surgery (22 mm WLE, he had a large “cyst” as well), I was sitting by myself and Dr. Cormier came out after his surgery and really made me feel better when I was feeling all alone. We’ve got a spare room as well but it’s hot here in Houston, be prepared!
              guynamedbilly
              Participant
                That’s very kind of you Jackie thank you. I do have family with me but I’ll keep you in mind for the future since I’ll be traveling here fairly often. You guessed right with MDA. I’m focused on TIL right now, but I’ll learn later this week if there’s anything else they recommend in the meantime.
          Viewing 0 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics