The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

8th week on brf113220 trial (great results)

Forums General Melanoma Community 8th week on brf113220 trial (great results)

Participant

Had my 8 wk brain mri and ct scan on tuesday and saw dr weber on wednesday. He told me that i had a huge reduction in the size of the 2 lesions on my liver. one went from 2.1 x1.5 cm to 0.8×0.6 cm. the other went from 2.3×1.4 cm to 1.4×1.2 cm. and many other hypodense lesions from the prior scan were barely perceptible on this one.  i was so releived to hear this news it was a great 30th birthday gift to get such great results i had been stressing about it all month. he said that they have been spoiled on this trial because of the high success rate in all patients.

Had my 8 wk brain mri and ct scan on tuesday and saw dr weber on wednesday. He told me that i had a huge reduction in the size of the 2 lesions on my liver. one went from 2.1 x1.5 cm to 0.8×0.6 cm. the other went from 2.3×1.4 cm to 1.4×1.2 cm. and many other hypodense lesions from the prior scan were barely perceptible on this one.  i was so releived to hear this news it was a great 30th birthday gift to get such great results i had been stressing about it all month. he said that they have been spoiled on this trial because of the high success rate in all patients. as far as side effects go i am a bit itchy and have had some minor rashes. on week 5 i had about 4 or 5 days of high fevers and chills which i was somewhat expecting from other peoples exp. yet was still a little scary. Dr weber said that it was normal and to expect them to come and go from time to time. after interferon this is nothing i had fevers everyday. i have returned to work about a month ago and even put in a few overtime weeks. i feel like myself again which is amazing. my energy level is good but after a long day at work a nap is still in order. this week was my 1 yr diagnosis anniv. and looked back on all i have been thru many lows and not so many highs but this week was definitely a high for me. my life has changed so much since my initial dx. it seems in the last few weeks that it is kinda getting back on track. i get another ct in a month so i will try to keep u guys posted.

stay strong we're gonna whip this thing 

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        WendyPam
        Participant

Love hearing your great news!

Wendy

WendyPam
          Participant

Wendy

WendyPam
            Participant

Wendy

awg
              Participant

Great News!!

awg
                Participant

Great News!!

awg
                  Participant

Great News!!

aldakota22
                    Participant

Keep the good news comming.Always uplifting to read positive postings.  Al

aldakota22
                      Participant

aldakota22
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics