The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

8 YRS

Participant

Just stopping in to drop you all an update and hopefully encourage some people (especially newcomers who may be looking for some positive stories). Had my 8 year checkup at MDA this month. I'm still NED a little more than 8 years from diagnosis of a Clarks IV, Breslow 2.1, mitosis 1 or 2, Stage IIA on my right forearm. Best wishes to all. Always sending prayers for the melanoma community. I'm the 3rd generation in my family (grandma and uncle died from it) so it will always be something I'm passionate about. Take care everyone. I'll be back next year.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Michelem
        Participant

Love the encouraging news!

Michelem
          Participant

Michelem
            Participant

Tina D
              Participant

It is always so great to see encouraging news like this and so thoughtful of you to faithfully come back and post!! Thank you!!

Tina

nightengale
                  Participant

I'm a newcomer to this site and just wanted to tell you thanks for the encouragement.

Donna.

nightengale
                    Participant

I'm a newcomer to this site and just wanted to tell you thanks for the encouragement.

Donna.

nightengale
                      Participant

Donna.

Tina D
                      Participant

It is always so great to see encouraging news like this and so thoughtful of you to faithfully come back and post!! Thank you!!

Tina

Tina D
                        Participant

Tina

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics