The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

7 Years NED after Ipi 10 mg/kg and GMCSF

Forums Caregiver Community 7 Years NED after Ipi 10 mg/kg and GMCSF

Participant
      July marks my husbands 7th year of NED after a Stage IV and clinical trial of Ipi 10 mg/kg and GMCSF daily self injections.

At stage IV with and inoperable tumor on the Cervical Spine at C1 C2 area with several surface tumors in the same area and in the lungs and liver as well it was looking pretty grim but we watched the surface tumors melt away and it gave him new hope. If you would like to read more about his journey check out his profile. The lasting problem he has had is his body doesn’t produce enough cortisol and so he stays on 5 mg prednisone daily.

Good Luck to all the fighters of this nasty disease.

Judy the loving wife and caregiver to Gene

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        MMH
        Participant
          I needed this today. Thank you for sharing this wonderful news!
          MelMel
          Participant
            Terrific news Judy and thank you for sharing! Hoping more of us can look forward to similar results. Happy 4 th of July and many, many more!
            Melanie
            Bubbles
            Participant
              Sorry for the daily side effects, but congrats on 7 years NED!!! It is amazing what science, research and ratties have done for melanoma peeps individually and all of us as a group! Thanks for sharing and thanks, Gene!!! celeste
              EllieS
              Participant
                WOW seven year, I m so happy for you Judy and Gene!!!!!
                Personally, I know that a low dose of prednisone is a game changer and miracle drug.
            Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics