The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

.65mm melanoma anybody around here have one that size and get a slb?

Forums General Melanoma Community .65mm melanoma anybody around here have one that size and get a slb?

Participant

ive been told by some to have it and by some not to, as its rare but im dealing with somthing perhaps serious, ive all ready had the wle with clear margins, but i had a mitotic rate of 1, i was wondering if anyone had a story about someone with a .65 mm and had a slb or was told not to> thanks

ive been told by some to have it and by some not to, as its rare but im dealing with somthing perhaps serious, ive all ready had the wle with clear margins, but i had a mitotic rate of 1, i was wondering if anyone had a story about someone with a .65 mm and had a slb or was told not to> thanks

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        LynnLuc
        Participant

The first time I had it removed from my neck  they ( Army doc's) didn't tell me the details…it was a brown long freckle over 1 inch long. It came back  in the same place and was completely round, looked like a pencil eraser blackish purple…and Malignant Melanoma. Clark's Level 3. Tumor Thickness 1.45mm.

The next time it came back it was kissing my aorta and it was 6.8 centimeters at its widest area.

LynnLuc
          Participant

The first time I had it removed from my neck  they ( Army doc's) didn't tell me the details…it was a brown long freckle over 1 inch long. It came back  in the same place and was completely round, looked like a pencil eraser blackish purple…and Malignant Melanoma. Clark's Level 3. Tumor Thickness 1.45mm.

The next time it came back it was kissing my aorta and it was 6.8 centimeters at its widest area.

LynnLuc
            Participant

green8300
                Participant

sorry to hear that,,,,,but did it start out as a .65mm one?

Janner
                  Participant

Most people in your shoes – early stage IB – don't stick around here and post so you're not going to get many replies.  I've told you I had one .58mm/1 mitosis and a .88mm/1 mitosis.  One was 20 years ago, the other was 10 years ago.  I'm still here and still stage IB.  Most everyone else in your shoes sticks around for a short period of time after being diagnosed, then moves on.  Why stick around on a cancer board when you could be out living life?  Lynn's situation isn't similar to yours.  Certainly, there are people with your statistics who've had it return, but they are few and far between.  Stage I people rarely get a good feeling on a board like this that is full of later stage warriors in active treatment – the view is skewed toward the negative (people with recurrences – the exceptions) and you don't see the positive (vast majority of stage I people who move on not to be troubled by melanoma again) stick around to post.

Janner

Bob B.
                    Participant

Stage 1 types may not stick around to post?  I guess I'm an exception.  If it's OK, I'll stick around and try not to rile anyone else.   Deal?  

Bob B.
                      Participant

Stage 1 types may not stick around to post?  I guess I'm an exception.  If it's OK, I'll stick around and try not to rile anyone else.   Deal?  

Bob B.
                        Participant

Janner
                          Participant

Most people in your shoes – early stage IB – don't stick around here and post so you're not going to get many replies.  I've told you I had one .58mm/1 mitosis and a .88mm/1 mitosis.  One was 20 years ago, the other was 10 years ago.  I'm still here and still stage IB.  Most everyone else in your shoes sticks around for a short period of time after being diagnosed, then moves on.  Why stick around on a cancer board when you could be out living life?  Lynn's situation isn't similar to yours.  Certainly, there are people with your statistics who've had it return, but they are few and far between.  Stage I people rarely get a good feeling on a board like this that is full of later stage warriors in active treatment – the view is skewed toward the negative (people with recurrences – the exceptions) and you don't see the positive (vast majority of stage I people who move on not to be troubled by melanoma again) stick around to post.

Janner

Janner
                            Participant

Janner

green8300
                              Participant

green8300
                                Participant

mlbjab
                                Participant

the other lady who responded had a lesion twice as risky as yours.  Anyway, you are in the grey zone in my opinion.  I'd probably get one. 

mlbjab
                                  Participant

the other lady who responded had a lesion twice as risky as yours.  Anyway, you are in the grey zone in my opinion.  I'd probably get one. 

mlbjab
                                    Participant

green8300
                                        Participant

i got one ill post results when i get them

green8300
                                          Participant

Bob B.
                                            Participant

The oncologist offered me an SLNB based on two pathology reports showing lentigo maligna melanoma, Breslow thicknesses of .63 and .83, respectively, Clark IV , mitotic rate 0.    Although only my impression, I believe an overwhelming majority of oncologists would have suggested just the same.

I declined.   Two years later there has been no recurrence.   A second primary melanoma located 20 cm from the first appeared and has been excised 2X.

I am thinking positive thoughts that your SLNB comes up clear.   Good luck!

Bob B.
                                              Participant

The oncologist offered me an SLNB based on two pathology reports showing lentigo maligna melanoma, Breslow thicknesses of .63 and .83, respectively, Clark IV , mitotic rate 0.    Although only my impression, I believe an overwhelming majority of oncologists would have suggested just the same.

I declined.   Two years later there has been no recurrence.   A second primary melanoma located 20 cm from the first appeared and has been excised 2X.

Bob B.
                                                Participant

green8300
                                                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics