The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

5 Year Nedaversary!

Forums General Melanoma Community 5 Year Nedaversary!

Participant
      Hi, Just checking in as I received results for my last set of scans and I have reached the 5 year mark for NED. Seems like a pretty important milestone compared to the potential 9 month survival statistic when I went to stage 4. More importantly I still appreciate all of the kind people that provided me support and knowledge over the past 6 years. Wishing everyone my best in the future with their individual journeys. Also, it is still comforting to see Ed and Bubbles are still here providing support to everyone.
      My best to everyone,
      Bill B
    Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        chrispl1974
        Participant
          Fantastic news Bill. I am very very happy for you. Take care Chris
            alhudge
            Participant
              I am so happy for you!! These are some words of encouragement I’ll be passing on to my dad who was just moved into stage 4. I needed to hear your words!

Best wishes!

JudiAU
            Participant
              Really wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
              Bubbles
              Participant
                Awwwe, Mr. Bill!!!! That is wonderful news indeed! Take good care and enjoy every minute! yours, c
                Baby_Girl
                Participant
                  Wonderful news! I love see these posts! Thank you for sharing!
                  ThinkingPositive
                  Participant
                    Great news Bill! If I might ask, how long is surveillance? I had a complete response and stopped pembro 8 months ago and get CT scans every 3 months.
                    Cindy
                      BillB
                      Participant
                        Hi Cindy,
                        I also had a CR within 2 months of starting Keytruda. I stayed on Keytruda for another 26 months. My oncologist suggested going to annual scans based on my history with a CR. I haven’t decided whether I will go to 6 month scans yet and my oncologist is more than ok with whatever I choose. Hopefully I answered your question, if not please let me know.
                        Bill B
                        BillB
                        Participant
                          Thank you everyone and best wishes.
                          Bill
                        Congratulations Bill!! My husband hits his 5 year NED from stage 4 and thought I would check in to the forum and leave a post as encouragement to others and I am delighted to see your thread at the top. I hope the shadow of melanoma grows ever weaker for you.
                        gregor913
                        Participant
                          Congratulations that is great news. Im ned 7 years with stage 3b melanoma that was ulcerated. Sending good vibes cause during my initial diagnoses I spent alot of time here and loved reading stories like this.For everyone keep fighting the fight and happy holidays.
                          chrispl1974
                          Participant
                            Fantastic news. I am very happy for you. Wish you another 100 years of NED :)))
                            Chris R
                            Participant
                              Congratulations! Great news indeed. If my scan remains unchanged in March I will be able to stop Opdivo. I am not sure that I am technically NED as there is a 8mm spot in my lung that is new from my original diagnosis, but does not show bright and is not growing. I am hoping my journey goes as well as yours.
                              sing123
                              Participant
                                Super congrats! Hope you celebrated for days!
                            Viewing 9 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics