The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

5 year NED with night sweats

Forums General Melanoma Community 5 year NED with night sweats

Participant

Looking for opinions….I have been 5 plus years ned. Stage 3 male, with one large lymph node found under arm. I am on yearly follow ups and due for my next appointment in July. I've had intermitten night sweats in the past month or so (6-8 times). I feel great and have no other symtoms. Do I wait and see or contact my Doc?? Oh ya…one more thing….I had night sweats before my original diagnosis…..

Thanks for your help!

Looking for opinions….I have been 5 plus years ned. Stage 3 male, with one large lymph node found under arm. I am on yearly follow ups and due for my next appointment in July. I've had intermitten night sweats in the past month or so (6-8 times). I feel great and have no other symtoms. Do I wait and see or contact my Doc?? Oh ya…one more thing….I had night sweats before my original diagnosis…..

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        MeNDave
        Participant

I wouldn't hesitate to contact the doc just in case.  My hubby also had night sweats prior to original diagnosis, then 2 years out started getting them again (he didn't even know it, but it was like sleeping next to the oven).  We mentioned it to his doctor, and Dave also said we added another blanket to the bed (it was warm).  At that time (December 2010) he opted not to do a scan and just wait and see.  Fast forward to June 2011, and it had spread to the lymph nodes in his lungs and his pectoral muscle.

Schedule an appointment with the doctor.  We still wonder if it was a sign that his cancer was coming back, but we'll never know for sure.  If anything, it will put your mind at ease.

Best wishes,

Maria

MeNDave
          Participant

I wouldn't hesitate to contact the doc just in case.  My hubby also had night sweats prior to original diagnosis, then 2 years out started getting them again (he didn't even know it, but it was like sleeping next to the oven).  We mentioned it to his doctor, and Dave also said we added another blanket to the bed (it was warm).  At that time (December 2010) he opted not to do a scan and just wait and see.  Fast forward to June 2011, and it had spread to the lymph nodes in his lungs and his pectoral muscle.

Schedule an appointment with the doctor.  We still wonder if it was a sign that his cancer was coming back, but we'll never know for sure.  If anything, it will put your mind at ease.

Best wishes,

Maria

MeNDave
            Participant

Best wishes,

Maria

dian in spokane
              Participant

I can tell you already have the sense that you should call your doctor, and I'm a big believer in following those instincts.

Putting that aside, I'd still say yes, you should contact your doctor. Night sweats are one of those things that they consistently ask about on every visit to my oncologist. And it's on all the history forms. And you've got a personal history of night sweats with your disease. So yes, call.

Dian

I WISH I only had night sweats 6 or 8 times a month, more like 6 times a night for me! ๐Ÿ™‚

Mike N
                  Participant

I am with Dian, if you are worried check with your doctor.

For a while I was having some night sweats about a year ago. My heart was racing and it was like I was jogging and sweating. Turned out to be my allergy medication that I took daily for about 5 years. It took almost three months for the occasional tachycardia and sweating to stop.

Hope it is benign as that for you.

Mike N

Mike N
                    Participant

For a while I was having some night sweats about a year ago. My heart was racing and it was like I was jogging and sweating. Turned out to be my allergy medication that I took daily for about 5 years. It took almost three months for the occasional tachycardia and sweating to stop.

Mike N

Mike N
                      Participant

Mike N

dian in spokane
                      Participant

I can tell you already have the sense that you should call your doctor, and I'm a big believer in following those instincts.

Putting that aside, I'd still say yes, you should contact your doctor. Night sweats are one of those things that they consistently ask about on every visit to my oncologist. And it's on all the history forms. And you've got a personal history of night sweats with your disease. So yes, call.

Dian

I WISH I only had night sweats 6 or 8 times a month, more like 6 times a night for me! ๐Ÿ™‚

dian in spokane
                        Participant

Dian

KevinM
                          Participant

Thank you all for the solid advice. I think I'll email my Doc today and get is opinion..

THANKS!

KevinM
                            Participant

Thank you all for the solid advice. I think I'll email my Doc today and get is opinion..

THANKS!

KevinM
                              Participant

THANKS!

KevinM
                                Participant

THANKS!

KevinM
                                  Participant

THANKS!

KevinM
                                    Participant

THANKS!

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics